John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
I added some more lights. ?

The Ditch lights has its own wiring harness and relay. The other 4 near the license plate is hooked up to a heavy duty wiring harness and relay. This way I can add four pods to one wiring harness.

All relays are controlled by the OEM fog light switch using the positive trigger method. I press the button, all lights turn on. But once I get the Bluetooth relays, I'll be able to turn on/off the ditch lights and the 4 near the license plate independently.

PXL_20201018_180342759.jpg
Thats a pretty nice set up, i like it.
Sponsored

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have the relays. I'm disappointed.

It took WAY to many tries to get connected. Once I was connected, powering on/off, strobe, and dimming worked fine. Once you disconnect, reconnecting became more difficult.

Not worth it.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
I have the relays. I'm disappointed.

It took WAY to many tries to get connected. Once I was connected, powering on/off, strobe, and dimming worked fine. Once you disconnect, reconnecting became more difficult.

Not worth it.
Thats disappointing to hear. The bluetooth connection is just too finicky to make it worth it then.

Deewayne

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Occupation
Paperwork dude
It would be super cool if it could be linked to the infotainment system, so no new switches have to be run, and no new wires in the cab.

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
ITS ALIVE! Thank you so much for the help! I always get nervous doing electrical things but this was way easier than i was building it up to be in my mind.

20201005_114147.jpg
Hi, are you able to upload a picture of the lights at night? Thinking about getting these, and want to make sure they have sufficient light output. Also, can you comment if they’re more of a driving, flood light, or combo?
Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Hi, are you able to upload a picture of the lights at night? Thinking about getting these, and want to make sure they have sufficient light output. Also, can you comment if they’re more of a driving, flood light, or combo?
Thanks for your time.
Sorry, been away from the computer a while. I can try to get a picture later this evening for you. They are definitely more of a flood light. I would not use these driving as they arent "focused" and you would probably blind others. I use them for camping and they work great for that.

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Sorry, been away from the computer a while. I can try to get a picture later this evening for you. They are definitely more of a flood light. I would not use these driving as they arent "focused" and you would probably blind others. I use them for camping and they work great for that.
No worries. I ended up buying them in the SAE fog pattern and I’m very happy. They are extremely bright.

Attachments

Crust1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Hydraulics Tech
No worries. I ended up buying them in the SAE fog pattern and I’m very happy. They are extremely bright.
That looks sweet!

Is your lower valance painted Black, or color matched to the magnetic gray color, or???? I like that, mines Silver, and I'm going to change it soon, and paint my tow hooks.....

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
That looks sweet!

Is your lower valance painted Black, or color matched to the magnetic gray color, or???? I like that, mines Silver, and I'm going to change it soon, and paint my tow hooks.....
Thanks, sorry for the delay. Yes, It’s black. Came that way from Ford; maybe it’s standard on the Tremor.

steig

First Name
Steig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Wire to Aux switch on dashboard.

20211203_164123.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Relays hurt my brain...if you're going to add more than a couple of lights, it's worth your investment in either a Trigger 4 or 6 Shooter...not only are all the power fused and contained in one solid state unit, there's no running wires through firewall because it is switched wirelessly...?

Adamcarr

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger xlt
I hate to bring up an old thread but this is exactly what I was looking for. Quick question. I k ow you purchased the h11 pigtail. What adapter did you purchase to put on the light side to hook up the to h11 pigtail?
Sponsored