Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You sure like your lights, I’ll give you that.
Yes...I'm sure when I get deep into the trails on a moonless night, I'll have no regrets...:)
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They look awesome.
How did you wire them?
Thanks! The set for trucks has 8 total lamps. Four have 20 foot cables and other four have 10 foot. Start at the rear and positioned my first set on each side of the frame attached high enough where they won't be the first thing to make contact and worked my way forward while managing cables with zipties to keep them neat. Once all the cables meet up at my Trigger power on top of the battery, I solder them all together in parallel against the primary male plug and shrink wrap carefully. After that, it's literally plug and play. Through my iphone app for Trigger 6, I can adjust the brightness and make them flash as well...:)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume they wire the same as any other aux light.

I'm ordering some soon to just use as puddle lights (amber). Once they are all in place the wiring will meet one central point then continue on as a single line to a switch. I have no need to have individual rock lights operate solo. All on, all off.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey misfit! Love the lights , did you ever end up doing that install documentation?
The install for the rock lights were super easy...they're attached with their own magnets...post #20 two lines above...

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I used these same Lux Lighting LED's in replacement of the LED's that came with my AMP PowerSteps. Like you, I did the research and found the mag-mount option to best fit my needs.

I ran the wires thru the frame and stuck them facing outward. You literally need both thumbs to reposition the magnet/LED casing. They won't move unless you move them! So for Rock Lights.... they will ROCK!

As for the build-quality/construction.... they are bullet-proof! Completely water-proof with heavy-duty lead wires and a bright white color to match Headlights, Driving Lights, Fog Lights, LED Puddle Lights & License Plate LED's.

And DAMN.... They are BRIGHT!

As for the price.... you get what you pay for! Made in the USA!
BTW.... I did find and use the Coupon Code JEEPMOMMA for 15% off when I purchased. I think RAMBEAST15 will also work for 15% off.

IMG_7328.jpeg

IMG_7327.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings! I received my Rigid A series rock light set of 6 amber led's this past week, going to start the install today, i was wondering if anyone has day time (lights off) pictures of their install locations (any brand is fine) just so i have some ideas to sift thru. I plan to install one on each side between the doors either on the frame or on the inner side of the body area, so not only will they help cast light while off road at night but also aid in getting in or out of the truck and locating things you drop at night.

These lights come with 2 rubber mounting options, a flat thinner block and a thicker angled rubber block. It would be an advantage to have indirect down lights so it isn't a glare for the middle lights.

The front and rears i am open for ideas to mount them, these are very bright so if I installed above the tire it should work but there would be some shadowing due to the tire and suspension so i might opt to mount them lower.. any pictures you may have would be appreciated. I searched the forum and google and all the images i found just show them on at night, not the install locations.
Sponsored