First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
Taking the Ranger on a road trip with the Family from Vancouver to Anaheim (Disneyland lol). Getting my first service done with Ford before the trip on Tuesday (leave Wednesday). I'm super excited to take my new truck on a proper road trip.

Any Tips on Getting better fuel economy or what to prep?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Tire pressure is the biggest, make sure it's to your door specs. Since you're getting it serviced they should do the usual like inspect the hoses, fluid levels, tires, brakes and filters too. Before leaving on our trip last month I asked my shop to go through everything and make a trip inspection. Have a great trip!!

OP
OP
SteveRanger

SteveRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
Tire pressure is the biggest, make sure it's to your door specs. Since you're getting it serviced they should do the usual like inspect the hoses, fluid levels, tires, brakes and filters too. Before leaving on our trip last month I asked my shop to go through everything and make a trip inspection. Have a great trip!!
Yea I’m using the ford pass points for “the works” oil change.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For the best fuel economy try staying under 2,000 rpms (usually around 65-70 mph) and ease into the gas rather than stepping on it. It'll keep you out of the boost more and get better mileage.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
As far as thrifty driving goes, this (keep you out of the boost) is good advice. BUT.. to know what you have when it's merge time etc. everyone needs to get after it once in a while. I was amazed at how much scat this little PU has. Have fun on your trip and stay safe.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
For the best fuel economy try staying under 2,000 rpms (usually around 65-70 mph) and ease into the gas rather than stepping on it. It'll keep you out of the boost more and get better mileage.
This right there.

In my limited testing if I use cruise control and set it in the 65-70 mph range, I will get over 24 mpg even in mildly hilly territory. On I-5 once you are past like Redding (heading south), I will wager it returns 25.5 mpg or better.

Have a great trip!.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
This right there.

In my limited testing if I use cruise control and set it in the 65-70 mph range, I will get over 24 mpg even in mildly hilly territory. On I-5 once you are past like Redding (heading south), I will wager it returns 25.5 mpg or better.

Have a great trip!.
I wish I had that type of self control when starting a vacation and ending one ? Vacation overspending is expected with me. Heck he may save 20 bucks on a fill up, just enough for that second snow cone at Disneyland!!!

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I wish I had that type of self control when starting a vacation and ending one ? Vacation overspending is expected with me. Heck he may save 20 bucks on a fill up, just enough for that second snow cone at Disneyland!!!
I am afraid once I get all the information on what it can do MPG wise and if gas prices ever get back to something resembling normal for this oil rich nation. Between getting into boost around town (a little more normal for me) and things like my K02’s, the lift and Tremor shocks and springs (and the trails that go with them), I will be in the mid teens most fill ups, maybe a little better, but likely not by much. ;)

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Doesn’t help with fuel economy… I always put a little extra wax on the leading edge of the hood (and around the front of the truck), above the windshield, and on the mirror covers. Anything that helps clean off the bug carcasses.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
This right there.

Have a great trip!.
I'll second that. I hit 25.7 mpg coming down from Sacramento into the grapevine.