New head unit install and no reverse camera.

Fitter565

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pipefitter
I installed a kenwood SMS 4707 head unit in my 2019 xl. Is there a way to get the back up camera working? I'm not sure if you can tap into the existing harness to make it work. Thanks for any help you might have.
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Did you use the meastro RR module and harness? Should be a yellow RCA cable coming out of the adapter harness, you also have to look at the wire diagrams for the harness and radio and connect the two trigger wires. Check to see if the backup camera is enabled in your new radio settings.

Haven't person done the install in a Ranger but I when I installed in a different vehicle those were the things I had to do to get a camera working.

Post the harness and modules you used to install

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I installed a kenwood SMS 4707 head unit in my 2019 xl. Is there a way to get the back up camera working? I'm not sure if you can tap into the existing harness to make it work. Thanks for any help you might have.
Its going to be different depending on the harness you used. I used the metra setup and listed in a thread how I got the cam to work again. Someone else used the maestro and just simply connected the rca jacks to the harness and it worked flawlessly.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you have to tap into a few wires to get it to work if using the metra harness.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It was in a different thread about the back up camera.
Heres how:
Pin 14 positive, 15 negative, 33 is the shield that needs grounded on the harness.
Sponsored