Rednecking around

Deleted member 1634

In case you guys haven't noticed yet, my life has been full of "redneck" engineering and exploits. haha We've done plenty, the only hard part is finding pictures of it all. haha

Here's another: Homemade plow
What do you do when you live in an old miner's mansion at university, in the snowiest place (outside the mountains) in the US, don't have a snowblower, the landlord doesn't plow the driveway for you (whether paid or for free), and you're sick of shoveling many inches of snow every single day? Why, you take some of the junk from the backyard and build a plow of course! An old big solid door and some scrap lumber; some quick measurements to make sure it mated correctly to my buddy's Silverado (the bull bar on the front helped a lot); a quick round of living room chainsaw work. And boom, homemade plow! And you know what, it worked pretty darn well. Certainly well enough for our needs!

75091_10151440925146694_1577536587_n.jpg

OP
OP
GregM

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
In case you guys haven't noticed yet, my life has been full of "redneck" engineering and exploits. haha We've done plenty, the only hard part is finding pictures of it all. haha

Here's another: Homemade plow
What do you do when you live in an old miner's mansion at university, in the snowiest place (outside the mountains) in the US, don't have a snowblower, the landlord doesn't plow the driveway for you (whether paid or for free), and you're sick of shoveling many inches of snow every single day? Why, you take some of the junk from the backyard and build a plow of course! An old big solid door and some scrap lumber; some quick measurements to make sure it mated correctly to my buddy's Silverado (the bull bar on the front helped a lot); a quick round of living room chainsaw work. And boom, homemade plow! And you know what, it worked pretty darn well. Certainly well enough for our needs!

75091_10151440925146694_1577536587_n.jpg
Well one thing for sure, well it may be freezing up north your brain works like a fine tuned Ranger :clap:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Just sittin here in a country state of mind
cachinā€™ these fish like theyre gone outta style
and drink inā€™ this Homade wine...
if the sun donā€™t come up tomorrow
I tell ya people I have had a good time..
just sittinā€˜ here
in a Country State of Mind ...
yodeladyhooyodeladyhooyodelady
in A Country State of Mind ....:clap:
Blessings to Hank Jr.....