Rednecking around

Deleted member 1634

My buddy (electrical engineer) and I (mechanical engineer) joined forces to create a Gatling potato gun one New Year's Eve. And naturally we strapped it to an old shopping cart we found in another buddies back field (is there any other way). haha

It actually worked too! Each barrel had an electric sparker, so that each barrel fired when the protruding wires touched the contact from the control box and completed the circuit as it came around. The rotating was done with a boat trailer crank I believe (a later mod from when the picture was taken). The only issue we had was making sure each barrel had the correct air to accelerant mixture. So there were quite a few misfires, but it did work a handful of times. haha

388818_10150561612861675_896469711_n.jpg

OP
OP
GregM

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
My buddy (electrical engineer) and I (mechanical engineer) joined forces to create a Gatling potato gun one New Year's Eve. And naturally we strapped it to an old shopping cart we found in another buddies back field (is there any other way). haha

It actually worked too! Each barrel had an electric sparker, so that each barrel fired when the protruding wires touched the contact from the control box and completed the circuit as it came around. The rotating was done with a boat trailer crank I believe (a later mod from when the picture was taken). The only issue we had was making sure each barrel had the correct air to accelerant mixture. So there were quite a few misfires, but it did work a handful of times. haha

388818_10150561612861675_896469711_n.jpg
Don't tell me that you robbed a homeless person of their personal hauling gear :LOL:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Swimming anyone? ?

Redneck Swimming Pool.jpg
Have seen that in person, many years ago. Neighbors had the water truck come by fill up their cistern and the bed. They invited my niece over to swim with them. She declined.