First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
I have been wanting a Putco Tailgate Lightbar since I got mt '21 Ranger. Problem has been that the bumper cover ia bowed closer to tailgate when down on the ends than in the middle so no clearance for lightbar.

I went to my Ford dealer's body shop today. Body shop Asst Mgr said they could heat it and try to straighten it but it might go back to it's current position. I told him it needed to be replaced. He said so you want to buy a new one. I said it was likely covered by the 36/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. He said "Ah probably, I'll check." So I will wait to see what he finds out and what availability is. Truck has 4,800 miles on it and is only 13 months old.

Normally my dealer treats customers well. There was one time they wanted to charge me over MSRP for a door gasket. I told them what MSRP was and what another dealer was selling the part for. All I wanted was to pay no more than MSRP but they met the other dealers price. The door seal was already installed by them.

We will see what he comes back with.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
MIne's been bowed from day 1. Kinda bugs me, but not enough to do anything about it yet. I only see it when the gate's down.

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
MIne's been bowed from day 1. Kinda bugs me, but not enough to do anything about it yet. I only see it when the gate's down.
Mine was from day one too. Only bothers me because I want the tailgate light bar.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
They're available, at least the "tow package II" ones are. I just bought one from Levittown to fix a boo-boo. Less than $200 IIRC if it's not covered, which I doubt Ford will cover it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Mine was from day one too. Only bothers me because I want the tailgate light bar.
Never was a fan of those. I guess it's because some people can't seem to install them straight, then when the LED's start failing it just looks bad. Just my opinion. Hope you get it worked out.

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Looks like Ford is going to replace the bumper cover. I will have to check out the clearance and it looks right order the Putco tailgate lightbar.
Sponsored