Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
haol·e/ˈhoulē/
noun
DEROGATORY
noun: haole; plural noun: haoles
  1. (in Hawaii) a person who is not a native Hawaiian, especially a white person.
That's racist
Sponsored

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Ha!
Think you got it bad in Maine???
I urge you to drive in Honolulu, more specifically in Waikiki with all the lost tourists and kamikaze cab drivers! Not to mention all the one-way streets there to compound the problem....:crazy:
You're quite right about your traffic. The only place that might be worse is Boston. Washington and Atlanta aren't much fun either.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
You're quite right about your traffic. The only place that might be worse is Boston. Washington and Atlanta aren't much fun either.
Indeed Ed, matter of fact, the guy who bought my '00 Ranger here was a DC transplant, he said it was not uncommon to spend 3-4 hours each in rush hour commutes in and out of the Capitol!
Aarrgghh...

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Indeed Ed, matter of fact, the guy who bought my '00 Ranger here was a DC transplant, he said it was not uncommon to spend 3-4 hours each in rush hour commutes in and out of the Capitol!
Aarrgghh...
I would have to quit my job and move. I don't like the Summer traffic here, but its all relative. We are used to empty roads and not dodging lost Massholes doing a u-turn because they missed their exit most of the year. Because its compressed into a very short time frame makes it seem way worse than it actually is.

I finally saw a Rapid Red ranger in person. I'm really pleased with the choice of color for my order. Its purty1

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
White works much better in the hot sun down South. When I was stationed in Texas, I bought a white ranger for that reason. The interior was a powder blue. Let my roommate use my truck when I was on an FTX and he rolled up the windows all the way and parked it in the sun and melted the cassette tapes that were in a cassette box on the floor. Several hundred dollars of tapes in the dumpster.

White doesn't work as well up here in the semi-frigid north. Blends in too well with the snowbanks. Red is a nice visible color and warns the tourists to get out of the way. Damn things are such pests.
I spent 18 years in Las Vegas. Moving there from SanDiego where I bought the truck in my Avatar. In those days AC was an option. I didn't need it in San Diego except for the relatively rare Santa Ana winds. Needless to say, I didn 't get much for the truck and bought a white one.

RANGER.jpg

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
washed.jpg

Washed and sitting next to my Elantra. The dirt on the driveway is the mud I washed off it before taking it to the car wash,

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
My Rapid Red :) I was debating between the saber and red, but when I saw the red with the charcoal trim, I couldn't see any other color! The red seems to change depending on the trim color.
My first few miles was an off road trip to South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii and the second to the summit of Mauna Kea....
anyone has a comprison between the hot pepper red and the rapid red?

654AD246-E6BA-4148-967C-D21358FF2470.jpeg

C12B78A4-0A3F-4BC8-8137-2A62F6FF5529.jpeg

RangerJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Chief Maintenance Engineer
Exactly, except 4wd... nice looking truck

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My Rapid Red :) I was debating between the saber and red, but when I saw the red with the charcoal trim, I couldn't see any other color! The red seems to change depending on the trim color.
My first few miles was an off road trip to South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii and the second to the summit of Mauna Kea....
anyone has a comprison between the hot pepper red and the rapid red?

654AD246-E6BA-4148-967C-D21358FF2470.jpeg

C12B78A4-0A3F-4BC8-8137-2A62F6FF5529.jpeg
Aloha Ray,
Yes, that's a handsome color scheme on your 2020.
The Big Island is my favorite of all 8, haven't been there since the quake of '06 however.
Beach shot looks to be somewhere in Kona, perhaps Pine Trees?
2006 was also the last time I drove up the "Mauna", in a rental...of course...lol.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Aloha Ray,
Yes, that's a handsome color scheme on your 2020.
The Big Island is my favorite of all 8, haven't been there since the quake of '06 however.
Beach shot looks to be somewhere in Kona, perhaps Pine Trees?
2006 was also the last time I drove up the "Mauna", in a rental...of course...lol.
Cool! I am originally from Oahu but I prefer the Big Island too. The beach was down at South Point and we drove to Green Sand from there. It’s a great way to test the 4x4 system- lots of hills and off camber situations! I dabled with the different 4wd settings and the crawl control.
Plus beautiful scenery at Green Sands but it was a crazy time getting there! Lots of trails too rutted for my new ranger but it still got me there! No scratches yet!

F1FF14D7-C24C-4BCA-8D33-DA5784640683.jpg

03D4BDBC-9DC2-4183-A0B0-A64E9C72450E.jpeg