Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I would like to use this thread to list and discuss the available suspension lift kits on the 2019 Ranger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NY35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zamboni
Icon Vehicle Dynamics makes some seriously quality suspension kits, I've experienced their stuff for the Jeep Wrangler. The Baja Forged Ranger from SEMA that admin posted has an Icon suspension lift kit.

From this thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/baja-forged-ranger-2018-sema-r5g-coverage.1249/

Base vehicle
  • 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew
  • 2.3-liter EcoBoost I4 engine
  • 10-speed automatic transmission
Powertrain
  • Ford Performance by Borla cat-back exhaust with black chrome tips and differential cover
Chassis
  • Icon Vehicle Dynamics front suspension system with 2.5 Series remote reservoir coil-overs with CDC valve and remote reservoir secondary shocks, billet aluminum upper control arms and lower A-arm skid plate with secondary shock mounts; rear suspension with 3.0 Series bypass shocks, 2.0 Series hydraulic bump stops and custom Icon leaf pack
Wheels and Tires
  • Icon Rebound bronze alloy wheels, 17 inches
  • BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM3 tires, 35 x 12.50 inches
Exterior
  • Ford Accessories spray-in bed liner
  • Baja-forged by LGE*CTS Motorsports features bed cage with Pro Eagle jack and spare tire mount, fender flares, front bumper with RIGID Radiance Plus 20 amber lights, rear bumper and rock rail
  • RIGID chase taillight AMB, Radiance Plus 40 white backlight, roof-mounted light bar and Radiance SM/2 lighting
  • PPG Industries Envirobase paint in custom army green, bronze and yellow
Interior
  • Ford Accessories tray-style floor liner
  • Katzkin seat covers in black leather with black and yellow barracuda leather inserts
  • Painted accents in bronze and army green

A33A9387.jpg
A33A9389.jpg
A33A9390.jpg
A33A9391.jpg
A33A9392.jpg
A33A9393.jpg
A33A9394.jpg
A33A9395.jpg
A33A9396.jpg
A33A9397.jpg
A33A9398.jpg
A33A9399.jpg
A33A9400.jpg
A33A9401.jpg
A33A9402.jpg
A33A9403.jpg

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I'm just worried how a lift and big tires are going to be with the 2.3L. I've driven lifted trucks before, but always with a diesel or big V8 to push those heavy tires around.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just worried how a lift and big tires are going to be with the 2.3L. I've driven lifted trucks before, but always with a diesel or big V8 to push those heavy tires around.
Think about a Tacoma with less power and no turbo to makeup for higher altitude and four less gears. Lots of Tacoma guys seem to do just fine so I think the ranger will do just fine as well.

The 2.3 in these trucks is de-tuned quite a bit so if you are willing to run 91 and tune it there is definitely a lot of power left on the table. For comparison the 2.3 in the focus RS is rated a 345hp and 347tq with a fuel requirement of 91 octane. The 2.3 in the ranger is built with a bigger turbo and larger oil cooler with a few other slight improvements. To say the 2.3 in the ranger could easily match and beat the focus RS is more than likely on 91. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I drove a Tacoma TRD off road and it was painfully slow. I know the ecoboost will have considerably more torque, I just hope it will be enough. The Ranger weighs almost as much as the F150 but it's short on horsepower compared to the 2.7, 5.0 and 3.5L engines. A tune will definitely be in the cards. I'm lucky to live in Florida so 93+ octane is everywhere and we are right at sea level.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
The only trucks that feel the same stock vs lifted are the Canyon/Colorado Diesel and the Nissan Frontier.
• The Canyon/Colorado diesel feels fantastic lifted due to all the torque and actually starts to roll in idle when you take your foot off the brake. This truck actually felt better lifted than it did stock which wasn't what I was expecting.
•The Frontier has a higher rear gear ratio which is needed as it has the lowest torque in the grouping. It also easily has the lowest fuel economy in the group. This thing is just a blast to drive lifted.

That said, the rear gearing on the Ranger will determine more about how it feels lifted than anything. The Canyon/Colorado V6 starts to feel sluggish lifted and the 2.3L in the Ranger is pretty much on par from a torque standpoint. That said, it also won't take as much lift with a Ranger to fit the same tires as the higher lifts on other vehicles. This reduces weight which plays into it a bit as well.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
That said, the rear gearing on the Ranger will determine more about how it feels lifted than anything. The Canyon/Colorado V6 starts to feel sluggish lifted and the 2.3L in the Ranger is pretty much on par from a torque standpoint. That said, it also won't take as much lift with a Ranger to fit the same tires as the higher lifts on other vehicles. This reduces weight which plays into it a bit as well.
Curious why the Ranger will be able fit the same tires as other vehicles with less of a lift? Does it have more fender clearance from the factory than the competitors?

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
Curious why the Ranger will be able fit the same tires as other vehicles with less of a lift? Does it have more fender clearance from the factory than the competitors?
It could be a multitude of reasons. From larger wheel well openings to different backspacing or offset of the wheel. All of these can determine how big a tire and wheel will fit.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The BDS kit can be seen in this video at 1:55.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Wheel wells are usually the largest determining factor. For instance, an F-150 with 6 inches of lift can easily fit 35s with no rubbing. The same year GM 1500 will require 7 inches of lift and some front bumper valance trimming to fit 35s without rubbing.

There are also other issues such as wheel/tire width and wheel offset that play into the equation as well.
Sponsored