First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Sad, we are thought to be the truck loving country but others get the first Raptor and specialty trucks.
Guess we get Hennessey!
Ford is just getting their feet wet with the US Ranger, I bet the future will bring some bad A$$ units. One thing we crave in vehicles is POWER!
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
That grille has to go. I just want the Raptor to get here. After seeing a Wildtrak on the road last week, the Raptor is the only variant I care about at this point.
I actually like that stripped down bumper as long as it's steel. Not keen on our slotted ones here in the US.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Ford makes too many fleet vehicle models, that it leaves little room for the truck market up against the other truck companies. They came out with the Ranger, and ppl have to go out of their way, and out of pocket to beef up their trucks to their liking. Its like buying a 1000 sq foot single story home and trying to build it out to duplex in the middle of a depressed neighborhood. The vehicle (or house for that matter) is only worth something to the one who put the work into it.

If they ever try to roll out the Ranger Storm in an American market, I bet it would be watered down to the point that its just a Lariat with a few more decals.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Sad, we are thought to be the truck loving country but others get the first Raptor and specialty trucks.
Guess we get Hennessey!
Yea, we like smaller trucks, but Ford North America has always treated the US Ranger with disdaiin -- They think we should all buy F150's and if we want performance, the F150 Raptor or Lightning.

Ford does not understand the US Ranger buyer. For years they were underpowered and under marketed. The 302/5.0 was a bolt in and they chose not to offer it.

They honestly thought when they killed the Ranger that we'd all move to the F150. Instead, Nissan saw a huge increase in sales. Me? I kept my V8 Ranger till they finally offered a reasonable replacement.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Yea, we like smaller trucks, but Ford North America has always treated the US Ranger with disdaiin -- They think we should all buy F150's and if we want performance, the F150 Raptor or Lightning.

Ford does not understand the US Ranger buyer. For years they were underpowered and under marketed. The 302/5.0 was a bolt in and they chose not to offer it.

They honestly thought when they killed the Ranger that we'd all move to the F150. Instead, Nissan saw a huge increase in sales. Me? I kept my V8 Ranger till they finally offered a reasonable replacement.
Instead my news feed is about the resurrection of the Maverick name badge on a future smaller truck.
Sponsored