First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I went with Dee Zee Hex Steps. Just finished installing them. Best place to buy these is Amazon. You have to buy the steps and brackets separately and the total will be around $500 thru Amazon.

20190305_160605.jpg

20190305_153921.jpg
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Dee Zee Hex Steps. Just finished installing them. Best place to buy these is Amazon. You have to buy the steps and brackets separately and the total will be around $500 thru Amazon.

20190305_160605.jpg

20190305_153921.jpg
I saw those. They have been out or a while.
That's the version of step up pieces they have for the Ranger in 3 finishes. No running boards yet which I was interested in.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase

20190305_160605.jpg

20190305_153921.jpg
Would you mind posting a side picture of the whole truck when you pull it out of the garage? They look good from the angles you posted. Was it a “no drill” installation?

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Would you mind posting a side picture of the whole truck when you pull it out of the garage? They look good from the angles you posted. Was it a “no drill” installation?
Yes, it is no drill. There are 3 pairs of threaded holes on each side (I'm sure where factory steps attach), so it's just a matter of screwing the brackets to those holes. Very easy. A nice feature is that you can place the steps exactly where you want them as they mount to the rail rather than being welded in place.

20190305_175826.jpg

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I saw those. They have been out or a while.
That's the version of step up pieces they have for the Ranger in 3 finishes. No running boards yet which I was interested in.
Yes, you can get them in shiny black, textured black, or silver. I went with textured.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dee Zee. Unfortunately you can’t order the OEM steps directly from them. There’s a Right and Left Step (obviously), and each has a separate part number. KB3Z-16450-AD Is the Right side, think the Parts Mgr said KB3Z-16451-AD Is the Left side. I paid $342.50 for the Right and it will be the same for the Left when it arrives.
I'm getting my set tomorrow. When I ordered from Ford dealer parts dept, I was told $399 list but discounted for $350 + tax. My credit card was charged $350+tax.
There was no talk of right or left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting my set tomorrow. When I ordered from Ford dealer parts dept, I was told $399 list but discounted for $350 + tax. My credit card was charged $350+tax.
There was no talk of right or left.
Well, let’s see what shows up! I was more than surprised to find out it was just the Right one to say the least!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, let’s see what shows up! I was more than surprised to find out it was just the Right one to say the least!
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ford-ranger-accessories-pricing-revealed.1059/
Looks like it's each side which is nuts. Shows half hour labor too.
Shows the chrome at $529 each side..
Tinsoldieroh posted in this thread he paid $605 for both installed which seems right or he got a great deal.
If it's only one side, no way I'm buying the other side. I'll wait for companies to get some out for the Ranger.

I thought it was odd the cost is $635 when ordered with the truck and $399 now which makes it look like one side for that $399.

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yes, it is no drill. There are 3 pairs of threaded holes on each side (I'm sure where factory steps attach), so it's just a matter of screwing the brackets to those holes. Very easy. A nice feature is that you can place the steps exactly where you want them as they mount to the rail rather than being welded in place.

20190305_175826.jpg
How low do those hang?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The pair for $399?

"Interestingly, you can order black 5-inch rectangular running boards for $399, and chrome running boards for $529, regardless of cab configuration. If you spec your Ranger with either black or chrome running boards on Ford’s website, you’ll spend $635. Depending on which one you prefer (and if you’re willing to install them), you can save a couple hundred dollars ordering them as an accessory"

Step Bars, Rectangular
  • Black, For CrewCab: $399.00
  • Black, For SuperCab: $399.00
  • Chrome, For CrewCab: $529.00
  • Chrome, For SuperCab: $529.00

.https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/10/ford-ranger-accessories-list/

Last edited:
OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ford-ranger-accessories-pricing-revealed.1059/
Looks like it's each side which is nuts. Shows half hour labor too.
Shows the chrome at $529 each side..
Tinsoldieroh posted in this thread he paid $605 for both installed which seems right or he got a great deal.
If it's only one side, no way I'm buying the other side. I'll wait for companies to get some out for the Ranger.

I thought it was odd the cost is $635 when ordered with the truck and $399 now which makes it look like one side for that $399.
Back to the Dealer to figure out what happened to my on-line order that ended up with just the Right Side Step being delivered for the $380 price...

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $342 for the Right side and the Dealer said they’d match that fir the Keft side even though it lists fir more. So I’ll be around $675 with tax for both steps. No to find the right size bolts as it didn’t come with any hardware.
Did you see my post above yours
It's got to be for both sides...

The two parts numbers are one for the Super Cab and the other for Crew Cab.

Somehow, if not, you can get a lot better quality and nicer boards with high end brackets for $675.
I'll find out tomorrow morning and will post the actual cost. Figure right around my 8am appt.
I'm going with a more expensive higher end Go Rhino or Westin model I like when they come out for the Ranger if it's only one side for $350 but I doubt it is..

Also, there should be hardware.I believe your dealer is screwing you.
The KB3Z-16451-AD part # he gave you doesn't match the part numbers for black boards for the Crew or Super cab on the accessory list..

Last edited:
OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you see my post above yours
It's got to be for both sides...

The two parts numbers are one for the Super Cab and the other for Crew Cab.

Somehow, if not, you can get a lot better quality and nicer boards with high end brackets for $675.
I'll find out tomorrow morning and will post the actual cost. Figure right around my 8am appt.
I'm going with a more expensive higher end Go Rhino or Westin model I like when they come out for the Ranger if it's only one side for $350 but I doubt it is..

Also, there should be hardware.I believe your dealer is screwing you.
The KB3Z-16451-AD part # he gave you doesn't match the part numbers for black boards for the Crew or Super cab on the accessory list..
Well, it will be interesting to get this straightened out. Let me know if you get both steps and what the Price and Part Number was ! I ordered the Step Assy from Fordparts.com and got the one step. Dealer wasn’t involved until I brought the step to them to find out what was going on.. I’ll be checking with the Parts Dept once I get your info. Thx.

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it will be interesting to get this straightened out. Let me know if you get both steps and what the Price and Part Number was ! I ordered the Step Assy from Fordparts.com and got the one step. Dealer wasn’t involved until I brought the step to them to find out what was going on.. I’ll be checking with the Parts Dept once I get your info. Thx.
The part numbers are down the page here.

Two part numbers for the black step bars $399 each part number. One part number for the crew cab and one for the super cab. No lefts or rights.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
My boards are OE Ford black and were 390.00 out the door installed at time of delivery.
Sponsored