First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
Definitely made me smile, I am running almost the same set up as you but I am running mishimoto CAI and charger pipes paired with MBRP catback. Look forward to seeing the progress on your truck, cheers:)
Let’s go! I had mbrp until I lowered the truck they sounded so good with the Catless downpipe
Sponsored

OP
OP
Floydean

Floydean

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
Let’s go! I had mbrp until I lowered the truck they sounded so good with the Catless downpipe
Also love that chrome package?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
For more context I beat him by a bumper there’s a guy at the “finish line” any longer of a race of course he would have pulled away. The fact that my little 2.3 is even putting up a fight is just impressive.
Badges are easily bought, did you check under the hood?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
My dad was a racer, he would put in looser main bearings on the crank and raise the oil pressure to “float “ it to avoid scorching the bearings. He won a lot of races and very few breakdowns. I wish he was still around today. He and Phil would have gotten along fabulously both being Ford mechanics and developers…

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Boils down to weight which the Grand Cherokee is a bit on the porky side for it's size having owned one I can contest to that as they are a friggin tank. I got into a round of bumper cars and only damage was my expensive state blackout plate bent out of shape and plate bracket destroyed.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Boils down to weight which the Grand Cherokee is a bit on the porky side for it's size having owned one I can contest to that as they are a friggin tank. I got into a round of bumper cars and only damage was my expensive state blackout plate bent out of shape and plate bracket destroyed.
My WK1 CRD is right around 5k lbs.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
0-60 was about 4.7 I’ll do it again today to verify
That is a very impressive 0-60. You will not lose many races running that.

A former co-worker had an Ecoboost Mustang with one of the Roush Performance packages on it. 0-60, he was easily as fast as my 2017 Mustang GT. He had a lot of fun with that car until he blew his motor.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
SRT8 is closer to 6k pounds. Ranger Ecoboost just over 4.5k pounds. Considerable difference in weight.
I just looked up the curb weight and the SRT8 showed 50 lbs lighter than my CRD. The CRD has the same transmission and a diesel motor with all the extra associated weight from turbocharging.

I haven't thrown my CRD on the scales, which I can this week, but I doubt the SRT8 weighs more than the diesel variant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Floydean

Floydean

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
That is a very impressive 0-60. You will not lose many races running that.

A former co-worker had an Ecoboost Mustang with one of the Roush Performance packages on it. 0-60, he was easily as fast as my 2017 Mustang GT. He had a lot of fun with that car until he blew his motor.
Long term goal is to do a complete swap not sure of what yet but that’s the plan

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I just looked up the curb weight and the SRT8 showed 50 lbs lighter than my CRD. The CRD has the same transmission and a diesel motor with all the extra associated weight from turbocharging.

I haven't thrown my CRD on the scales, which I can this week, but I doubt the SRT8 weighs more than the diesel variant.
I'd be curious because I can't get a straight answer over what is actual weight for WK, though I'm rather surprised that a small Diesel weighs more than a "Hemi" Big Block. I get SRT8 weight from under 5k to nearly 6k in pounds. Both US T6 Ranger and the SRT8 have pretty much the same axle ratios. If weight is close enough to be null, it could be marked down to the transmission having such close ratios allows the turbo to stay spooled up. The company that makes prochargers talked about how Ford's 10spds and Chryslers 8spds were practically made for a turbo or prochargers because it keeps the rpms in the torque band range where you get maxboost efficiency.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be curious because I can't get a straight answer over what is actual weight for WK, though I'm rather surprised that a small Diesel weighs more than a "Hemi" Big Block. I get SRT8 weight from under 5k to nearly 6k in pounds. Both US T6 Ranger and the SRT8 have pretty much the same axle ratios. If weight is close enough to be null, it could be marked down to the transmission having such close ratios allows the turbo to stay spooled up. The company that makes prochargers talked about how Ford's 10spds and Chryslers 8spds were practically made for a turbo or prochargers because it keeps the rpms in the torque band range where you get maxboost efficiency.

I'll put the Jeep on the scales when I get back in town.

Generally, diesels are built a bit more stout/heavy. Additionally, there is extra weight from a turbo, piping, intercooler, DPF, etc. So the smaller displacement may not mean lesser weight (before the add-ons).

The WK1 SRT8 has the NAG1 transmission, which the exact transmission I have, however, mine was built in Germany with the Mercedes engine.

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I didnt read all 5 pages.
When I saw illegal street racing, I lost interest. I won't support that behavior.
Innocent people get hurt and some die as a result.
Sponsored