Threads
Reaction score
Website
5startuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Custom Tuner
Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory your vehicle’s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance enthusiast. This not only leaves valuable horsepower & torque hidden inside your vehicle, but is also makes for a mediocre driving experience. Our tuners unlock your vehicle’s hidden performance by re-calibrating your vehicle’s PCM for maximum horsepower & torque, increase throttle response, clean shift points, increased efficiency and the best driving experience possible.

Why 5 Star Tuning? We are your industry leader in Ford and GM truck, car, suv and motorhome tuning. We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. Rather than offering you a one-sized fits all approach we custom tailor all of your tunes to your specific needs. These needs can be more power, more torque, tuning for your current or future modifications or simply getting the best driving experience from your vehicle. In addition to our refined approach to tuning vehicle, we ensure your vehicle’s reliability will never be compromised.

Dyno & Street Proven Tunes! Our 5 Star Tuning custom tunes have been dyno developed, refined, tested repeatedly, street tested, tow tested and driven all over the country in our own personal vehicles. Nothing says highest quality tune on the market such as investing in our own vehicles and testing them for over a million test miles by our own engineers.

Free Tunes for Life! Have you added a new mod to your truck, car, suv or motorhome and wish to maximize your application’s performance? For all of our Tunes for Life members these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition. For more information on what qualifies for free tune upgrades visit https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/.

Want More Performance? A 5 Star Tuning Custom will dramatically improve your drivablity, horsepower, torque, throttle response, efficiency, and towing capacity. Eliminate your factory speed limiter, sluggish throttle, sloppy shifts and lackadaisical nature of your vehicle.

How Do We Get More Performance? Our tunes bring the most potential out of your vehicle by adjusting your fuel tables, drive by wire, timing, torque converter, shift strategies and shift pressures. Visit our Custom Tuning Info section for more detailed information for your specific vehicle.

What Can My Device Do? For starters your device is extremely versatile. In addition to being your flash programmer it can perform many other functions. It can easily load store up to 10 of your 5 Star Tuning custom tunes. Your device can also be used to monitor your vehicle engine parameters. (Parameters can range from engine RPM, Speed, Coolant Temperatures and many more). The tuner can also be used to datalog your vehicle to further dial in current or future modifications. Your flash programmer will also store a copy of your factory tune and your vehicle can be returned to stock at anytime.

Ranger 5G Member Buy: Save $100 off the SCT BDX or HP nGauge via the links below.
SCT BDX:
https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-sct-bully-dog-bdx-40470-40490-ranger5g/
HP Tuners nGauge: https://5startuning.com/product/2019-2-3l-ranger-hp-tuners-ranger5g/

5 Star Tuning Truck Logo 19 BDX.jpeg

5 Star Tuning Truck Logo 19 nGauge V2.jpeg
Sponsored

hamiltop

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2
I see the performance numbers and that's pretty sweet.

I see a lot of mentioning of economy improvements. Can you share any benchmarks?

What is the lone ranger tune?

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I see the performance numbers and that's pretty sweet.

I see a lot of mentioning of economy improvements. Can you share any benchmarks?

What is the lone ranger tune?
I'd be interested in seeing performance numbers on the "lone ranger" tune myself, but all I have been able to find about it is that it is an adaptive-octane tune (87-93). It sounds like a "set it and forget it" tune with some benefits but likely not the same level of performance as the dedicated 93 Octane performance tune.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
Got my setup today...super quick turnaround! Got a question...it says "we need your stock tune for your custom tune."

Since my device should be pre-loaded with tunes all i should need to do is backup the stock tune on the device and load whatever tune i want?

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, would like to see economy numbers.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
First off, would @5startuning rather address questions through this forum or direct email or PM’s??

* Economy tune is what I’m also interested in, I would prefer smoothness and better fuel economy in Drive mode and a performance tune in Sport mode. Both of these options using 87octane or 93 without changing the tune if possible.
* You’re listing 10 different tunes, can I relabel each of these tunes to what I want?
* I’m curious what are the differences between a 87 Daily/Tow, 93 Daily/Tow and the Lone Ranger tunes.
* How long will the discounts be in effect?
* How/where do I find the pcm code for my truck?

Thx

Last edited:

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
First off, would @5startuning rather address questions through this forum or direct email or PM’s??

* Economy tune is what I’m also interested in, I would prefer smoothness and better fuel economy in Drive mode and a performance tune in Sport mode. Both of these options using 87octane or 93 without changing the tune if possible.
* You’re listing 10 different tunes, can I relabel each of these tunes to what I want?
* I’m curious what are the differences between a 87 Daily/Tow, 93 Daily/Tow and the Lone Ranger tunes.
* How long will the discounts be in effect?
* How/where do I find the pcm code for my truck?

Thx
I sent them an e-mail about the Long Ranger Tune. I was told:

the lone ranger tune is just an auto adaptive tune its about 80% of our standard Daily/Tow type tunes.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It would also be interesting to see each tune in a dyno chart compared to stock.

Am I asking for too much? :crackup:

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I got my ngauge tuner yesterday and received my custom tunes today. I started with a flash of the "Lone Ranger" tune. What a difference! It's like driving a different truck. The throttle response is 100% better and the transmissions doesn't feel like it is lost (or asleep) at times. The truck just feels more...aggressive. I had my wife drive it just to make sure it wasn't my imagination,. She agreed that it was totally different compared to stock. Her words were it is "a lot more 'go immediately' when you press the gas pedal."

Now I can't wait to try the 93 performance tune...as soon as I can empty the tank and fill up with 93.

The only "miss" by 5 Star? I selected the option to leave stop/start enabled and it is disabled in my tune. Not a big deal. I'm sure they'd send me new tunes if I asked, but I don't really care that much. Just figured I'd mention it here since this post is sort of a review of the product.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I got my ngauge tuner yesterday and received my custom tunes today. I started with a flash of the "Lone Ranger" tune. What a difference! It's like driving a different truck. The throttle response is 100% better and the transmissions doesn't feel like it is lost (or asleep) at times. The truck just feels more...aggressive. I had my wife drive it just to make sure it wasn't my imagination,. She agreed that it was totally different compared to stock. Her words were it is "a lot more 'go immediately' when you press the gas pedal."

Now I can't wait to try the 93 performance tune...as soon as I can empty the tank and fill up with 93.

The only "miss" by 5 Star? I selected the option to leave stop/start enabled and it is disabled in my tune. Not a big deal. I'm sure they'd send me new tunes if I asked, but I don't really care that much. Just figured I'd mention it here since this post is sort of a review of the product.
Please keep us updated on your fuel mileage changes.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Is this only on the D position or does it tune the S position too?

JeffCJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Is this only on the D position or does it tune the S position too?
Both are tuned. The driving impressions I mention are all in the D position. I haven't had much opportunity to play with "S" yet since the tune.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Both are tuned. The driving impressions I mention are all in the D position. I haven't had much opportunity to play with "S" yet since the tune.
Looking forward to hearing how the S position is (I'm sure that's going to be real fun now) along with any mpg changes.:)

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm about to jump on this but have a question for @5startuning . Can you describe how the tuning affects the transmission shifting characteristics? I'm generally happy with the transmission performance, but there is one area where I find it a little lacking. When manually shifting through gears in S mode, for example when descending mountain roads, the transmission responds quite a bit more slowly than in any other vehicle I've driven. I can partially compensate by anticipating my shifts by a few seconds, but it is a bit annoying. Will tuning change this? Does the tuning just change the shift points during auto-shifting, or does it actually change the shift characteristic of individual shifts themselves?

Thanks!
Sponsored