Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
o_O

Here in Europe they gonna arrest you of carrying dangerous weapons with thing… because of the children, u know!
Best reason I've heard for not living there. My family emigrated, legally, in the 1800's. Settled in Colorado. Some became ranchers, farmers and, miners. Me ? I wanted an easy life. So I enlisted in the Corps, mid '63. Another "John Wayne" moment ............ :crazy:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Best reason I've heard for not living there. My family emigrated, legally, in the 1800's. Settled in Colorado. Some became ranchers, farmers and, miners. Me ? I wanted an easy life. So I enlisted in the Corps, mid '63. Another "John Wayne" moment ............ :crazy:
… easy life… corps… ??? ?maybe you should‘ve tried europe!
Anyways, sometimes I wish I could drive a day without meeting humans. And for that such kind of legal weapon would be usefull, probably. But that is definitely impossible here and even on he westcoast where I had some stays.
Btw. was there a way to immigrate illegaly in the 19th cent? I mean when you dont care about the original „owners“ of the land? :cool:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Btw. was there a way to immigrate illegaly in the 19th cent? I mean when you dont care about the original „owners“ of the land? :cool:
Because whatever patch of Europe you're from hasn't changed hands 31 times in the last couple millennia, right? :rolleyes:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I hit a turkey buzzard about 3 weeks ago. It swooped down just as I came up on the road kill. Luckily hit went under the truck and caused no damage to the truck. Cant say the same about the buzzard. He went flipping and flopping out the back of the truck. I pulled over and was relieved there was no damage. Needless to say I've been looking at options. Thinking about the Westin with the bull bar.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because whatever patch of Europe you're from hasn't changed hands 31 times in the last couple millennia, right? :rolleyes:
do I hit a sore point, or what?:inspect:

no, the natives here get lost of their territories a vew hundret years before. Arround zero when that roman empire was great and that carpenter son was nailed to a cross. Then these religious nuts came across… etc pp.. and then they found „Amerika“ …

the house I live in was build by a forefather and his wife in 1714, btw.
So, no, my claim has not changed hands in the last 3 centuries. Nobody cares about millennials, right? :wink:

edith means:
the question was real. could they immigrate illegally?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
do I hit a sore point, or what?:inspect:

no, the natives here get lost of their territories a vew hundret years before. Arround zero when that roman empire was great and that carpenter son was nailed to a cross. Then these religious nuts came across… etc pp.. and then they found „Amerika“ …

the house I live in was build by a forefather and his wife in 1714, btw.
So, no, my claim has not changed hands in the last 3 centuries. Nobody cares about millennials, right? :wink:

edith means:
the question was real. could they immigrate illegally?
A sore point? No. A tiresome point? Yes. Humans fight over land. Always have, probably always will.

You illustrated it perfectly in your own home. From ancient tribes, to the Romans, till now. Somebody was always there first. Europe, America, Australia, doesn't matter. Should you leave a bedroom open for Italian visitors because the Romans once controlled your land?

And to answer your question, yes. There was US immigration policy and law in the 19th century.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Turkey vultures are some of the worst animals I've encountered on the road. I swear they are out to kill any and all motorcycle riders. I've had more close calls on two wheels with them dang vultures than anything else.

OP
OP

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
… easy life… corps… ??? ?maybe you should‘ve tried europe!
Anyways, sometimes I wish I could drive a day without meeting humans. And for that such kind of legal weapon would be usefull, probably. But that is definitely impossible here and even on he westcoast where I had some stays.
Owners ? Said by someone whose continent has been wracked by armed conflict since the dawn of mankind ............. YMMV

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hit a turkey buzzard about 3 weeks ago. It swooped down just as I came up on the road kill. Luckily hit went under the truck and caused no damage to the truck. Cant say the same about the buzzard. He went flipping and flopping out the back of the truck. I pulled over and was relieved there was no damage. Needless to say I've been looking at options. Thinking about the Westin with the bull bar.
Owners ? Said by someone whose continent has been wracked by armed conflict since the dawn of mankind ............. YMMV
… and then they needed a bigger playfield and went overseas…

btw. you noticed the quotation marks? :champagne:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
… and then they needed a bigger playfield and went overseas…

btw. you noticed the quotation marks? :champagne:
I dont know how I got into the conflict hahaha. Cant we all just get along haha. Only conflict I have is with that damn Turkey vulture

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont know how I got into the conflict hahaha. Cant we all just get along haha. Only conflict I have is with that damn Turkey vulture
Conflicts with Champangne aren t that serious as turkey salad in the grill… :wink:
Sponsored