Prinsu Roof Rack + Westin 40" Light Bar

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Finally got the Prinsu Roof Rack installed with the 40" light bar cutout. Went with my buddies over at Westin to add the 40" LED light bar. I love how this finishes out the exterior. @APG handled the entire installation. I would not trust anyone else. They went ahead and sealed every hole to ensure zero leaking. We are ready for Winter and snowboarding trips to the mountain.

Prinsu Rack 2.jpg

Prinsu Rack.jpg

prinsu Rack 3.jpg
Sponsored

Sporkfight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Xlt
How's the wind noise with it? I may go this route next month.

Sporkfight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Xlt
Honestly, you do not hear anything. Maybe that is because I have an exhaust, but you cannot tell you have anything on the roof, noise wise.
That's what I was hoping! As soon as I get my Yakima overhaul HD rack sold I'm doing this.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Real nice. I really wanted to go that route. But adding that extra height and a lift kit to boot will not let me get into my garage. Need a bigger garage. :like:

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Real nice. I really wanted to go that route. But adding that extra height and a lift kit to boot will not let me get into my garage. Need a bigger garage. :like:
I feel you there! I couldn't even fit the stock ranger in my garage, so I was out of luck from the beginning!

Sammyboy808

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Wholesale Distribution
Working with APG next month. Going to be going with the Baja Designs XL for the light bar per their suggestion on top a Prinsu rack. They mentioned sometimes the light bars can whistle at speed. Glad you don't have that issue, I can't risk the noise for the girlfriend.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Working with APG next month. Going to be going with the Baja Designs XL for the light bar per their suggestion on top a Prinsu rack. They mentioned sometimes the light bars can whistle at speed. Glad you don't have that issue, I can't risk the noise for the girlfriend.
That is awesome. Glad to see another local ProRunner to Orange County. I would just make sure the light bar that was chosen is thin like mine. They make the cutout for a single row LED light bar. That way there is zero wind noise from the rack/light.

Sammyboy808

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Wholesale Distribution
That is awesome. Glad to see another local ProRunner to Orange County. I would just make sure the light bar that was chosen is thin like mine. They make the cutout for a single row LED light bar. That way there is zero wind noise from the rack/light.
Get my truck in 2 weeks! Cant wait.
I saw you were lookin at RK Sports hoods, did you ever take that dive? I'm curious how the fitment is, and with our proximity to APG, I'm sure they could do the install and resolve any fitment adjustments that would be needed easily.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Get my truck in 2 weeks! Cant wait.
I saw you were lookin at RK Sports hoods, did you ever take that dive? I'm curious how the fitment is, and with our proximity to APG, I'm sure they could do the install and resolve any fitment adjustments that would be needed easily.
I have yet to move forward with the RK Sport Hood. I am waiting for them to get more inventory on the carbon one. I do not want to run fiberglass.
Sponsored