Sponsored

Predictable increase of backcountry motor vehicle issues

TruckBox

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
109
Reaction score
236
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Occupation
Hired Nerd
Littering and dumping should carry steep penalties and mandatory service.

Granted, our disposal and recycling systems need improvement.

It’s like these cheap fucks that won’t pay for trash service but drive new cars, live in $300 k house and make 45 k, and own side by sides costing more than the truck pulling them.
I was at my apt one day last spring, there is a satellite campus of the local university in back of me. I heard all this commotion out back and looked to see some dip shits in a newer F350 dumping shingles in the campus dumpster. Being saturday no one was there.
It was none of my business but, it just pissed me off. I called a deputy buddy of mine and asked if he was working. He said yep and I’m about a mile from your place. I said get your ass over here and told him what was going on.
He came whipping into the parking lot had a few words with those two assholes and had them in the dumpster throwing the shingles back into the truck.
Took their info and a picture of the the truck and plate. Said he would check Monday and see if there was shingles in the dumpster and if so it wouldn’t be good for them, Or if the shingles were dumped anywhere but the landfill.

See the landfill is the next county over and costs maybe $50.00 to do the right thing.
Ive watched soccer moms and dads dump trash into this dumpster again driving new cars.
Campus locks it now.

I was a firefighter/medic for 30 years, nurse now.
I don’t stop 99% of the time to offer help. I’ll call for help.
$4.

Shitheads will throw tires into rivers and other dumb shit to save $4. Discount Tire didn't even bother charging me for the extra 2 tires i brought along. I was flabbergasted it was that damn cheap to get rid of a tire.

That F350 was probably a company vehicle/tax loophole, too.
Sponsored

 

Cmar

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
5,521
Location
Australia
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Hopefully they will start enforcing it and the judges make an example out of them. That's the problem and most know they'll just get a slap on the wrists and back out with maybe just a small fine if that.

I also hope they start cracking down on the dimwits that are getting too close to the animals in the parks. These idiots are doing this in all the National Parks and it needs to stop now. Then they get hurt and want to sue because of their stupidity. 🤦‍♂️Like everything else they're going to ruin it for the rest of us and pretty soon they'll just shut them down or require guided tours.
This is unfortunately so true, despite signs literally everywhere saying to not to, stupid tourists, some local, some international, persist in feeding the dingoes on Fraser Island, K'Gari, the result of this is regular attacks, and the death of a Canadian tourist a few months ago. (not saying she was feeding them). They lose their natural fear of humans, and being highly intelligent wild dogs, hunt in packs, one on their own is not a serious threat to an adult, but a pack can, and have been deadly. And they hunt like Velociraptors, an obvious one distracts from the front, whist hiding ones attack from the sides and behind.
 
 








Top