RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have one of those, I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to actually work. The sides appear that they'd have to be attached behind the latch almost at the end of the taillights and it wouldn't help much on the bottom. Do you have pictures of how you installed it?
Here you go. I know some guys have actually put two rows of this stuff in, but I just did the one and it has made a huge difference. My install isn't perfect but it seems to work well.

20200628_191525.jpg
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go. I know some guys have actually put two rows of this stuff in, but I just did the one and it has made a huge difference. My install isn't perfect but it seems to work well.

20200628_191525.jpg
Awesome! Thank you! That's how I figured it would have to go.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

20200628_191525.jpg
Hi Rob,

Thanks! This is what I considered doing for install relative to the cut and paste of Extange

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Deleted member 1634

Awesome! Thank you! That's how I figured it would have to go.
I also have a line of it along the bottom of the tailgate. Mine isn't perfect along there, since I was worried about it sticking up too much when the tailgate is down and getting caught on things I'm sliding into the bed. It lets some dust in. This past weekend we went down a crazy dusty road (haven't had much rain here so everything is very dusty), and especially with the extra camper axle kicking up stuff too, and there was some dust inside, but nowhere near as bad as yours. Could also be the gap in the seal around the my topper window too. I'm considering buying some more and putting another line of it along the lower tailgate and the topper window. And maybe some on the camper rear hatch because there was some dust in there too.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a line of it along the bottom of the tailgate. Mine isn't perfect along there, since I was worried about it sticking up too much when the tailgate is down and getting caught on things I'm sliding into the bed. It lets some dust in. This past weekend we went down a crazy dusty road (haven't had much rain here so everything is very dusty), and especially with the extra camper axle kicking up stuff too, and there was some dust inside, but nowhere near as bad as yours. Could also be the gap in the seal around the my topper window too. I'm considering buying some more and putting another line of it along the lower tailgate and the topper window. And maybe some on the camper rear hatch because there was some dust in there too.
Yeah, I have the bedrug which covers that whole gap along the bottom of the tailgate, so I don't have to worry about that.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was blown away to see this much dust. At this point any reduction will be good news.

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Rode with 6 other Florida Ranger owners through the fire roads, sand and mud of the Ocala National Forest yesterday. Had a blast. My FX4 never let me down - even in some considerably deep mud and very loose and deep sand. I think I'll keep her!

Ocala 1.jpg

Ocala 2.jpg

PeterPotatoes

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, it did really well. I'm just always interested in seeing real world testing of the tech on the Ranger. It sounds great and I've heard a few reports of how well it works, but more confirmation is always good.

The truck does look really good!
I like it, got stuck in snow and gave it a try. The steering wheel moved left and right by itself while braking my front right wheel to get the left one going. It was pretty cool to watch it try different things.