Post your off-road pics.

Philb

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Spent yesterday afternoon in the Laramie Range south of Casper, WY. I am impressed with the trail mangement features of this truck. Hit 27 degrees per the inclinometer on a combo of mud, loose rock, and some slab. It just walked right up. It is stock except for BFG KO2's in 265/70/17 in a C load rating. My previous truck was a 2011 Frontier Pro4x. It was fine but with the trail control features there is no comparison. Somrthing else I really like is the ability to use the locker in 4 hi and 2wd. couldnt do this with the frontier only usable in 4lo.
Off road 1.jpg
off road 3.jpg
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Had a quick run up the mountain with a few local guys yesterday. GLaDOS looks super small in stock config compared to the lifted counterparts.

IMG_20200529_160221.jpg

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Took a little offroading trip this morning. I flexed this stock XLT to the max... just tires and skills. No need for traction control, just a good spotter and know your trucks limits. Ford made a beast here, more to come. Here are some photos, sorry about the jeep pic, but anything they can do we can do better. Link from my brother in laws Youtube page.
Watch "Cleghorn Ford Ranger. 5/30/2020" on YouTube

20200530_090549.jpg

20200530_130413.jpg

VideoCapture_20200530-184913.jpg

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Nice job on the descend. Going downhill always made my butt pucker just a bit more. You came close to needing rock sliders to prevent you going against the walls. The flex and disconnects on the Jeep really help but the Ranger did well considering it didn't have the same setup.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Nice job on the descend. Going downhill always made my butt pucker just a bit more. You came close to needing rock sliders to prevent you going against the walls. The flex and disconnects on the Jeep really help but the Ranger did well considering it didn't have the same setup.

Sliders would be great, seen people slip right into those walls before. I just took it slow and let the tires do their job.

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
_DSC0824-1_small.jpg

Found the limits of my tires and 4WD system this weekend. Wayne National Forest - Marietta Unit

Here's me noping out of a trail that was pretty out of my league. The mud-rut terrain mode saved me here. Need better tires and eventually a winch. But honestly, a lot of these trails are for small mud running Jeeps and are just leftover gas well and logging access roads.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
_DSC0824-1_small.jpg

Found the limits of my tires and 4WD system this weekend. Wayne National Forest - Marietta Unit

Here's me noping out of a trail that was pretty out of my league. The mud-rut terrain mode saved me here. Need better tires and eventually a winch. But honestly, a lot of these trails are for small mud running Jeeps and are just leftover gas well and logging access roads.
Knowing when not to proceed is pretty important, especially since you appeared to be running solo. Those trails needed a little chainsaw love.

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Knowing when not to proceed is pretty important, especially since you appeared to be running solo. Those trails needed a little chainsaw love.
Yeah, a BUNCH of bad storms recently so everything was still wet and a lot of washouts on the roads nearby.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase