Post your Moded Ranger

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
What do the sway bar end links help with and how much were they?
The upgrade sway bar end links are quite a bit stronger than the factory ones that are essentially plastic. I decided it would be a good upgrade considering the added weight of the truck with all the mods and trail abuse over time. Just didn't trust them for what I want to use the truck for.

Also wondering what height you have your icon coilovers set to and how you like them. I just ordered them so feedback would be great.
I really like the icons I have on the truck. Daily driving I keep them set on setting 4 but it varies off road on what kinda terrain it is before I change the compression setting. They really are an impressive off road and on road. PM me and I can talk about them more if you have questions. As for the height I have it at 2.5" of lift now but once I install the rear leaf springs Tuesday ill be lifting it a little more to match the lift in the rear. Probably be closer to 3-3.5 once its settled in.
Sponsored

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
How was the bumper install? Did it require any cutting or was it a direct fit. Thanks
A local 4x4 shop installed it. I don’t see any evidence of cutting and they didn’t mention anything to me beforehand.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I Just upgraded to 2.5 Icon Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coilovers from the 3” SST lift and it’s a world of difference! The handling is amazing!
At some point I would like to upgrade to these. Congrats!
B510F439-3938-4CAE-9CEC-2E4C8492C44F.jpeg

193E37A4-759D-4F3F-8D14-8567EEE04437.jpeg

330782FB-9288-4E40-B175-2B31B9BB0BA4.jpeg

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
WhiteBeastRangerNick

WhiteBeastRangerNick

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Crew
Occupation
Field Calibration Technician
It’s completely worth it! I was hesitant because I’ve seen reviews of stiff ride quality but they made them perfect for the Ranger. It’s well worth the money. Install is fairly easy although you do have to drill through your frame with an 11/32” drill bit for the reservoir mounting bracket. If you do the lift yourself just disconnect the brake line, wheel speed sensor line, sway bar, and then drop the lower control from the frame. If you do it the way any of the instructions say for the lift it takes about 3X the amount of time to finish and you have to overextend your CV joint.

jrscobra

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Crewcab
Occupation
Fleet Vehicle Sales at a Ford Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
285/60/18 BFG TA K02

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It’s completely worth it! I was hesitant because I’ve seen reviews of stiff ride quality but they made them perfect for the Ranger. It’s well worth the money. Install is fairly easy although you do have to drill through your frame with an 11/32” drill bit for the reservoir mounting bracket. If you do the lift yourself just disconnect the brake line, wheel speed sensor line, sway bar, and then drop the lower control from the frame. If you do it the way any of the instructions say for the lift it takes about 3X the amount of time to finish and you have to overextend your CV joint.
Good to know!