Post Teething Problems Accessory Binge!!!!

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
All,

If anyone saw my earlier thread, my truck had issues right off the bat with the ABS sensors. Three trips to the dealer resolved it, and since then I've been on a serious accessory binge! Fun things I've bought and learned...

1. Bought the American Tonneau Company bed cover. Returned it in two weeks. I noticed with it came it was tabled as Colorado/Ranger, and I found it did not fit the Ranger well as the clamps had to be at a 45 degree angle to secure it to the bed. More often than not the front ones came loose.

2. Got a great deal on a Bed Liner from the dealer, $100 bucks, for all of my early problems.

3. Got a free set of Ford floor liners/all weather mats. Not as nice as weathertech, but they were free.

4. Added in the 7/4 trailer plug and factory harness.

5. Added the Draw-Tite hitch.

6. Bought the Ford rollup tonneau off a member who had one new in box, and it fits perfect. Works so much better than the American Tonneau Company one I purchased and returned.

7. Added the Tyger 5" side steps. Super easy to install in the factory locations, work great, and are very sturdy.

8. Added the Ford Accessory black chrome "RANGER" tailgate letters.

9. Added the AVS Aeroskin hood protector.

10. Added the Mountain2Metal front radiator protector (took like 2 minutes!)

11. Replaced the rear shocks with Bilstein 5100s! Can't find the front 5100s but am on three waiting lists so I can lightly level the front. If you have some you don't like message me!

12. Removed the "STX" stickers on the box. The cleaner look works great with the Rapid Red Metallic paint.

13. Installed the Ford Mud Flaps.

and finally..

14. Bought the Ford Redarc trailer brake controller from one of our sponsors and the LightForce center dash switch cover. I've not installed it yet as I have an XL(STX SE), and need to run some separate power wires.

So far, I'm loving the truck and am getting 23mpg commuting running 80-85mph.

Cheers,

Jim
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Oh, I forgot I installed 4 black D-Rings with screws where the missing tie down is suppose to be. Cost me maybe $15 bucks. Just couldn't bring my self to spend $100 bucks on the Ford parts and screws.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Right with you...got my Ranger on Wednesday...Wed nite spent $460 with WeatherTech...floor liners, mud flaps, hood stone protector, side window rain guards, $16 with Amazon for a console tray. Truck didn't have 25 miles on it yet !!!
Wife said go for it, so who am I to argue with such a kind and knowledgeable person !!!
Let me know how the trailer brake controller install goes...have to do mine in next few months.

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Right with you...got my Ranger on Wednesday...Wed nite spent $460 with WeatherTech...floor liners, mud flaps, hood stone protector, side window rain guards, $16 with Amazon for a console tray. Truck didn't have 25 miles on it yet !!!
Wife said go for it, so who am I to argue with suck a kind and knowledgeable person !!!
Oh...I forgot I bought that too! Number 16!
Sponsored