First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
I'll keep my eye in the rear view mirror for that wave........ ya gotta do whats ya gotta do
Sponsored

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Not that anyone asked, but I'll give an update after 700 miles for those curious.

Things I like:
V6 provides strong, consistent performance.
Auto 4WD. Very responsive and confidence inspiring.
MPG: averaging low 20s so far on winter gas and temperatures between -15 and 20F since I've owned it. Excited to see fuel economy when it's warmer.
My Chevrolet app - informative and useful
Heated steering wheel - a godsend in this winter hellscape.
Aesthetics - perfect truck look without being obnoxious like the new Toyota front ends
Bose sound system - could use a small dedicated sub but very clean sound.
Infotainment menus - lots of good information, easy android integration
Damper - So soft, much tailgate. Wow.

Things I dislike:
Giant air dam
No center console organizer
Limited storage under backseat
No push button start
No LED lighting
No side mirror turn signals
Weak halogen headlamps
Small DIC display.
No off-road info display with angles and such on the z71 trim
Lack of bed utility (no outlets/clever designs)

Overall I'm bummed I had to buy now out of necessity and would have preferred to wait for new '23s from Ford/Chevy/Toyota, but the swan song model Colorado is a solid option. I still plan on following 6G closely and hoping to make the jump in 3 years or so... But this truck has the makings of a winner so far.

Just got Line-X done and a tonneau cover put on, I'm ready to put it work :)

Side note: I quickly learned that making a truck your own sure is a money pit, btw. More so than other vehicle types.

Last edited:

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Not that anyone asked, but I'll give an update after 700 miles for those curious.

Things I like:
V6 provides strong, consistent performance.
Auto 4WD. Very responsive and confidence inspiring.
MPG: averaging low 20s so far on winter gas and temperatures between -15 and 20F since I've owned it. Excited to see fuel economy when it's warmer.
My Chevrolet app - informative and useful
Heated steering wheel - a godsend in this winter hellscape.
Aesthetics - perfect truck look without being obnoxious like the new Toyota front ends
Bose sound system - could use a small dedicated sub but very clean sound.
Infotainment menus - lots of good information, easy android integration
Damper - So soft, much tailgate. Wow.

Things I dislike:
Giant air dam
No center console organizer
Limited storage under backseat
No push button start
No LED lighting
No side mirror turn signals
Weak halogen headlamps
Small DIC display.
No off-road info display with angles and such on the z71 trim
Lack of bed utility (no outlets/clever designs)

Overall I'm bummed I had to buy now out of necessity and would have preferred to wait for new '23s from Ford/Chevy/Toyota, but the swan song model Colorado is a solid option. I still plan on following 6G closely and hoping to make the jump in 3 years or so... But this truck has the makings of a winner so far.

Just got Line-X done and a tonneau cover put on, I'm ready to put it work :)

Side note: I quickly learned that making a truck your own sure is a money pit, btw. More so than other vehicle types.
Glad you like it! Not sure if you can answer but I'd assume the Chevy application works better than the ford pass app?

OP
OP

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Glad you like it! Not sure if you can answer but I'd assume the Chevy application works better than the ford pass app?
Haven't tried Ford Pass, but I'm happy with the functionality and info from My Chevy. Although it keeps yelling at me because it's been an Arctic freeze for like 3 weeks and my pressure is low, lol

Screenshot_20220126-121512.png

Screenshot_20220126-121604.png

Screenshot_20220126-121612.png

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Haven't tried Ford Pass, but I'm happy with the functionality and info from My Chevy. Although it keeps yelling at me because it's been Sub-Zero for like 2 weeks and my pressure is low, lol

Screenshot_20220126-121512.png

Screenshot_20220126-121604.png

Screenshot_20220126-121612.png
Its subjective, but I think those menus and UI are designed much better than the ford app.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Its subjective, but I think those menus and UI are designed much better than the ford app.
I just started using the UConnect for my Jeep and find it comparable to the Ford Pass. I've been lucky and haven't had any issues with my Ford app where others have nothing but problems with theirs.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I just started using the UConnect for my Jeep and find it comparable to the Ford Pass. I've been lucky and haven't had any issues with my Ford app where others have nothing but problems with theirs.
Maybe its just really bad on android or something, but I have constant issues with it. Have you had a chance to use the Uconnect infotainment system in the jeep yet? How do you like it compared to sync?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe its just really bad on android or something, but I have constant issues with it. Have you had a chance to use the Uconnect infotainment system in the jeep yet? How do you like it compared to sync?
I'm still playing around with it but so far I really like it. It seems quicker and more responsive. It seems like it's a little better of a layout and I like that I can access my cameras from there.

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I'm still playing around with it but so far I really like it. It seems quicker and more responsive. It seems like it's a little better of a layout and I like that I can access my cameras from there.

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg
Wow, looks much easier to use, especially while driving, when I go to change some of the stuff on my ranger I feel like I need to pull over and do it because of how long it takes me to do it, especially the climate stuff. That control for the mirror dimmer seems useful.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow, looks much easier to use, especially while driving, when I go to change some of the stuff on my ranger I feel like I need to pull over and do it because of how long it takes me to do it, especially the climate stuff. That control for the mirror dimmer seems useful.
I kind of feel the same with my Ranger. It's not terribly bad but it could be more driver friendly I guess? The climate controls are just horrible to see but I try to use Sync for most things.

I just leave the mirror dimmer on but it really doesn't matter as I have the rear window blacked out with limo tint. lol

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I kind of feel the same with my Ranger. It's not terribly bad but it could be more driver friendly I guess? The climate controls are just horrible to see but I try to use Sync for most things.

I just leave the mirror dimmer on but it really doesn't matter as I have the rear window blacked out with limo tint. lol
Im very thankful that it has android auto so I can avoid ever going into the infotainment system for the most part, I guess you would need that Tint with all the sun you guys get lol. Was a sunny -4 today at 9am. Nice when we get some sun here in the winter

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Im very thankful that it has android auto so I can avoid ever going into the infotainment system for the most part, I guess you would need that Tint with all the sun you guys get lol. Was a sunny -4 today at 9am. Nice when we get some sun here in the winter
Your avatar reminds me of what it feels like to be a Damper owner :crazy: :LOL:

Damper graphic.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh, I just found one! I forgot I did some power line trails over the summer.
That ones much better. Between yours and the dancing banana I almost had a seizure while looking at the homepage. :crazy: ?
Sponsored