Photos of towing/loaded with level kit?

passaloutre

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
I'm looking at level kits, leaning toward the full Fox suspension with a 2" level. But I do tow occasionally a 3,500 lb boat, and I'm curious how much back-rake this would give after the level. Anyone else with a level kit towing something similar? I'd be curious to see what it looks like, does it squat completely, and do you notice any difference in your ability to control the load with less weight over the steering tires?

Does the stiffer suspension in the back counteract the squat any?
Sponsored

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I'm looking at level kits, leaning toward the full Fox suspension with a 2" level. But I do tow occasionally a 3,500 lb boat, and I'm curious how much back-rake this would give after the level. Anyone else with a level kit towing something similar? I'd be curious to see what it looks like, does it squat completely, and do you notice any difference in your ability to control the load with less weight over the steering tires?

Does the stiffer suspension in the back counteract the squat any?
Well, With the Tremor (similar fox shocks) I can give you my floor to center of wheel well numbers. I tow a Geo Pro 19BH which is probably about 4000lb loaded (w.o water). This pic is before I dialed it in, more like the prelim settings. The trailer and Ranger sit more level now but just paints a picture I guess.

Front stock: 37.25"
Rear stock: 38.75"

Front TT no WDH: 37.75"
Rear TT no WDH: 37.25"

Front TT w/WDH: 37.5"
Rear TT w/WDH: 37.5"

PXL_20210513_203748789.jpg

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
I'm about to get a load of dirt in mine (approx 900-1000 lbs) on Saturday. I can share a pic then. My truck has a 1561 lb payload.

OP
OP

passaloutre

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
Well, With the Tremor (similar fox shocks) I can give you my floor to center of wheel well numbers. I tow a Geo Pro 19BH which is probably about 4000lb loaded (w.o water). This pic is before I dialed it in, more like the prelim settings. The trailer and Ranger sit more level now but just paints a picture I guess.

Front stock: 37.25"
Rear stock: 38.75"

Front TT no WDH: 37.75"
Rear TT no WDH: 37.25"

Front TT w/WDH: 37.5"
Rear TT w/WDH: 37.5"

PXL_20210513_203748789.jpg
This looks great! Do you know how the Tremor suspension differs from the Fox Kit?

OP
OP

passaloutre

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
I'm about to get a load of dirt in mine (approx 900-1000 lbs) on Saturday. I can share a pic then. My truck has a 1561 lb payload.
Thanks, I saw your post. Would love to see photos of the loaded bed and level.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
This looks great! Do you know how the Tremor suspension differs from the Fox Kit?
From what I understand it is the same front shock but without a threaded body. The Fox one I believe allows for a full 2" lift though where the Tremor one is set to about 1" and thats it due to no threads.

The rear is a fox shock but it has a remote reservoir and a different leaf spring. Softer sway bars on the Tremor too I think.

That said, it handles the trailer great so I suspect you will have no issues either.
Sponsored