First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
You can control how long they stay on inside the settings menu.....somewhere.
It's kinda weird too.....you can set it for like 20 seconds or 2 minutes....nothing in between.
:thumbsup: Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You can control how long they stay on inside the settings menu.....somewhere.
It's kinda weird too.....you can set it for like 20 seconds or 2 minutes....nothing in between.
Hey txquailguy,
"A basic tenet of ecopsychology is that personal and planetary well-being are inseparable ? "
I sure wish more shared this philosophy. Thanks for posting it! As a fully certified cave diver by The National Speleologicial Society Cave Diving Section, as well as the National Association of Cave Diving, we have a mantra...
"Take only pictures. Leave only bubbles. Kill only time"
Unfortunately, as any physicist will tell you, "Greed is a much more powerful force than Caring"

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
So in order to obtain the outcome without physically moving the Headlight switch from auto to park lights every time you are driving under daylight conditions as I am assuming you want the park lights on along with DRL's.

Do you have Halogen Headlamps or LED Headlamps?

I have a hunch you have the lighted Ford Grille lights, since you want the park lights all the time, if so there are install threads for that as well and where they tapped into the side marker lights.

You have a couple things you may try, and that is using Forscan and using DRL Options, this specific setting will allow you to (+) add lighting output in addition to the DRL

You may also try setting the DRL Conditions from Option A to Option B
Option B forces Park Lights on all the time, but I think the headlights as well. This is how Canada requires the DRL's to be set.

But to power just the park lights all the time without some program changes in Forscan is not doable without wiring changes.

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So in order to obtain the outcome without physically moving the Headlight switch from auto to park lights every time you are driving under daylight conditions as I am assuming you want the park lights on along with DRL's.

I have a hunch you have the lighted Ford Grille lights, since you want the park lights all the time, if so there are install threads for that as well and where they tapped into the side marker lights.

You have a couple things you may try, and that is using Forscan and using DRL Options, this specific setting will allow you to (+) add lighting output in addition to the DRL

Option B forces Park Lights on all the time, but I think the headlights as well. This is how Canada requires the DRL's to be set.

But to power just the park lights all the time without some program changes in Forscan is not doable without wiring changes.
Thanks Much, I have been coming to that conclusion. As I said in my original post in my Tacoma I could leave the lighting switch to the parking light position and they would go off with the ignition. Never had to think about it, left them on 24/7. I guess now the thing to do is see if I leave them on after shutdown if they will go out after some period of time. If they do and that time period is short enough that I am not concerned about battery drain I would just do that...problem solved.
As RedDakooter05 suggested," turn off the truck and have a beer and see what happens" (paraphrasing). Sound like a good plan to me...I have beer :clap:

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. Lariat, so LED headlights. Yes, DRL's and parking at same time.
Again thanks for trying to help ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. Lariat, so LED headlights. Yes, DRL's and parking at same time.
Again thanks for trying to help ?
As I said before. And yes I know it involves the dreaded technology "Forscan". I believe the only way to get what you want is to use "Forscan" and go into the BCM module and change the "Daytime Driving Light Includes Parklights" setting to "Enabled". Then put your light switch in auto and never touch it again.

During the day as soon as you take your truck out of park your parking lights will come on with your DRLs. As soon as it gets dark enough your headlights will come on automatically and when it gets even darker and you are over, I believe, 40mph your high beams will come on if there is no car coming at you. It's MAGIC!

Maybe a member near you can make the change for you.

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As I said before. And yes I know it involves the dreaded technology "Forscan". I believe the only way to get what you want is to use "Forscan" and go into the BCM module and change the "Daytime Driving Light Includes Parklights" setting to "Enabled". Then put your light switch in auto and never touch it again.

During the day as soon as you take your truck out of park your parking lights will come on with your DRLs. As soon as it gets dark enough your headlights will come on automatically and when it gets even darker and you are over, I believe, 40mph your high beams will come on if there is no car coming at you. It's MAGIC!

Maybe a member near you can make the change for you.
Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts. I will let this post run and see if anyone close can assist me. (But not a big deal either way, after all, I just need to turn a knob when I want lights). FYI, I don't dread technology, actually I'm a big fan...I just don't understand most of it. At 76 I need to focus my efforts on those endeavors that give me the most pleasure...riding my snowboard, playing with my eight cars/truck, camping and rafting and FAILING MISERABLY at learning guitar. That last one is using up all my remaining brain cells, so none available for learning new tech ???

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the time delay setting is for auto lights...this appears as 20 second delay on mine but my markers never shut off...I run with them on during day lights all the time and when I go into stores for 5 minutes and come out, they're still on...

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the time delay setting is for auto lights...this appears as 20 second delay on mine but my markers never shut off...I run with them on during day lights all the time and when I go into stores for 5 minutes and come out, they're still on...
Yup...unfortunately that seems to be the case. Did you read the Forscan post above?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup...unfortunately that seems to be the case. Did you read the Forscan post above?
My 15 second attention span did not allow me to get there...

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 15 second attention span did not allow me to get there...
Oh it's better than that, hell I have seen you go maybe even 25 ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can't recall but not sure if my XLT has DRL...if it did I might've disabled it...I run my grill leds and marker during the day hours...at night, I switch to auto light and amber fog so as to stand out from other vehicles for safety reasons...last thing I need is some student driver to pull out in front of me because I blended in with other traffic...

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can't recall but not sure if my XLT has DRL...if it did I might've disabled it...I run my grill leds and marker during the day hours...at night, I switch to auto light and amber fog so as to stand out from other vehicles for safety reasons...last thing I need is some student driver to pull out in front of me because I blended in with other traffic...
Student drivers Ha, Carolina drivers or at least South Carolina drivers!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Student drivers Ha, Carolina drivers or at least South Carolina drivers!
They're all still learning lol...love it when it snows...they all drive 30 on the right lane xpress way...me the Michigan driver be like 70 on the left wooot... ?

OP
OP
M SPEC

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They're all still learning lol...love it when it snows...they all drive 30 on the right lane xpress way...me the Michigan driver be like 70 on the left wooot... ?
I so miss snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are two seasons here F*&$#ing hot and just hot
Sponsored