Paint Code Color Help

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
So to get to the point does anyone know the paint code for the silver color on the front bumper of a 2019 Lariat HPR?

I have a bad parking sensor and it needs to be painted before installing the dealer wants to keep my truck for 2-3 days to match the color, paint and install. Yes they will give me a rental but I find it hard to believe they can not find the paint code for this.
Sponsored

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
So to get to the point does anyone know the paint code for the silver color on the front bumper of a 2019 Lariat HPR?

I have a bad parking sensor and it needs to be painted before installing the dealer wants to keep my truck for 2-3 days to match the color, paint and install. Yes they will give me a rental but I find it hard to believe they can not find the paint code for this.
the dealer doesnt know the paint code........????? time for a new dealer

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
the dealer doesnt know the paint code........????? time for a new dealer
That’s what I’m thinking! Seems ridiculous that they cant look that up by the VIN

Last edited:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
They should have a DIRECT line to the factory for ANY needed support...someone is either untrained, lazy or lying to you...
When I managed a Goodyear dealership in the 80's and again for a few years in the 90's years ago I had a whole directory of numbers to get support on literally ANY tire related topic, issue or question and would get a call back within 24 hours or less.

That was before the inter-web and you actually got a live person or their direct voice mail, not some B.S. catch-all general mail box.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
That’s what I’m thinking! Seems ridiculous that they cant look that up by the VIN
Maybe that dealer doesn't know how to open the driver's door...

2009 Mariner.jpeg

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Just a FYI on this....after speaking to 2 dealers and Ford directly...Ford does not have paint codes for certain bumper colors! How insane is that! So the dealer had to pull the one bad sensor, send it to the paint shop to have paint blended and matched to paint something smaller than a dime! Dealer said the paint shop will charge $200.00 to match and then they will have to fight with Ford to get the full warranty claim covered.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately that's correct, Ford careth not about that silver color. its such a small piece honestly a body shop is going to mix up something close (like Honda Starlight Silver Code NH638M) and just paint the whole thing and give it back to you.

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Unfortunately that's correct, Ford careth not about that silver color. its such a small piece honestly a body shop is going to mix up something close (like Honda Starlight Silver Code NH638M) and just paint the whole thing and give it back to you.
Oh the dealer was making a bigger deal out of it than I am/was. I even suggested just matching it closely to another Ranger bumper on the lot. Just throw some silver on it and be done. lol

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Could you maybe go to a hobby store and get a little 1/2 oz bottle of silver Testors paint? I would think it would match close enough for such a small job, but I understand , it's your truck.

Deleted member 8247

If you are talking about the front bumper far right and far left sensors (the metal bumper) your code is called "Magnetic Metallic" # J7 (CIRCLES IN YELLOW)

If you are referring to the plastic center two sensors that is hard to dead match, but Iconic Silver will be an almost identical color match # JS (CIRCLE IN RED)

(this is assuming you don't have a black bumper or cactus grey)

cdcssl.ibsrv.jpg

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
If you are talking about the front bumper far right and far left sensors (the metal bumper) your code is called "Magnetic Metallic" # J7 (CIRCLES IN YELLOW)

If you are referring to the plastic center two sensors that is hard to dead match, but Iconic Silver will be an almost identical color match # JS (CIRCLE IN RED)

(this is assuming you don't have a black bumper or cactus grey)

cdcssl.ibsrv.jpg

Yes it's one of the center ones in silver. I was 100% ok with the dealer painting it a silver that was close. I was not being picky at all.....the dealer said they have to match it for the warranty claim. Who knows!?
Sponsored