Help Removing White paint on Black Truck?

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Woke up this morning to find what looks like white paint splattered all along my driver side of my truck and rear wheel well. Yesterday I drove 400 miles round-trip to purchase a pop-up camper I'm looking to restore and must have run over some wet paint, but didn't notice because I got home late. I tried spraying it off at the car wash, but didn't help. Anyone have experience with this?

paint splatter 1.jpg

paint splatter 2.jpg

paint splatter 3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chappy

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clay detailing bar and a drop of dawn in a spray bottle will remove the white on your paint. Not sure how to approach the tires and wheel wells.
thanks for the Tip! I'll give it a try and share the results!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Woke up this morning to find what looks like white paint splattered all along my driver side of my truck and rear wheel well. Yesterday I drove 400 miles round-trip to purchase a pop-up camper I'm looking to restore and must have run over some wet paint, but didn't notice because I got home late. I tried spraying it off at the car wash, but didn't help. Anyone have experience with this?

paint splatter 1.jpg

paint splatter 2.jpg

paint splatter 3.jpg

Hi Chappy,

If this is latex paint, using 91% Isopropl alcohol will take it off with ease. Any Drug Store has this strength alcohol.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Had the same stuff on my car as I was preparing to sell it after getting my Ranger.
Spray bottle of water and the edge of a credit card. Only thing that bloody card was good for in the years I had it.
Worked like a charm and was super cheap. No need to buy anything and didn’t scratch the paint.
I think it was line paint picked up somewhere.

OP
OP
Chappy

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update. Today I finally got around to trying to get the paint off. Looks like it is indeed roadside line paint and I really wish I hadn't waited so long. I started off with the isopropyl alcohol, but that didn't work at all.

Then I watched a few videos online and saw that The Chemical Bros Butter Wet Wax might work, but... Nope. Not for me.

Next, I moved on to a clay bar, but I'd never used one before and accidentally got the light weight bar instead of the medium grade. Nothing doing, so I'm gonna go back and get the higher grade and give it one more try before I move on to Goof Off.

Ok maybe this wasn't such a quick update after all. I need a beer.

J Wilson

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
retired
Since you live in TX (hot).You mite try getting some waterless hand cleaner (NO PUMICE).Leave the truck in the hot sun,and smear on the hand cleaner.Let it set for a long time before washing it off.
Hope this works for you
Sponsored