Opinion on ReadyLift 2"

HDRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew FX4, 1995 Jeep ZJ
I've searched here and elsewhere for an in-depth review or any decent sort of user evaluation on the readylift 2" level, but apparently my google-foo isn't up to snuff. I've found only a mention here and there, but specifically, I'm curious what benefit, if any, the upper and lower spacer provides over a "standard" upper spacer only kit. Other than providing clearance for a 265/70/17 tire, will this (or any) leveling kit improve the suspension for mild to moderate off-road purposes? I know readylift makes a good product, but I'm looking for info specific to the Ranger. Anyone with any experience on this kit care to chime in I'd greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I did install the ReadyLift 2 inch (with top and bottom spacers) a bit over 2 years ago when I first got my truck. I only left it on for a couple months as I was not happy that this 2 inch level only gave me no more than 1.5 inches......so I swapped it for a 2.5 inch RC spacer level (I know people are gonna bad mouth this) which I have had no issues with in 2 years....and it did give me 2.5 inches. I noticed no difference in ride quality with either of these.

If you are looking to improve the ride quality (or if you do a fair bit of off-roading) you probably want to look into something other than a spacer level.....replace the shocks with an Eibach, Fox, or equivalent kit to gain height and improve the suspension. Going this route will be a fair bit more costly than the mentioned spacer level but worth it if you off road. Since my truck see's pretty much pavement only I did not go this route.....I have done some mild off road with no issues.

With that said though, I was unhappy with the floating bouncing feel of my FX4. I replaced the rear shocks with Bilstein's and that made a HUGE difference (improvement). I strongly recommend that (and many others have done it as well with same results=search) and the cost is about $200.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HDRanger

HDRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! I'm no off-road warrior, but the roads up to the deer huntin' hills do get interesting at times, so I'll take your advice and look for something else. I've asked 7 different local Ford dealers to install the FFP kit. None of them will. They wont even order the parts for me. looks like its going to be the front 6112's and rear 5100's for the win. Thanks again.

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
I did install the ReadyLift 2 inch (with top and bottom spacers) a bit over 2 years ago when I first got my truck. I only left it on for a couple months as I was not happy that this 2 inch level only gave me no more than 1.5 inches......so I swapped it for a 2.5 inch RC spacer level (I know people are gonna bad mouth this) which I have had no issues with in 2 years....and it did give me 2.5 inches. I noticed no difference in ride quality with either of these.

If you are looking to improve the ride quality (or if you do a fair bit of off-roading) you probably want to look into something other than a spacer level.....replace the shocks with an Eibach, Fox, or equivalent kit to gain height and improve the suspension. Going this route will be a fair bit more costly than the mentioned spacer level but worth it if you off road. Since my truck see's pretty much pavement only I did not go this route.....I have done some mild off road with no issues.

With that said though, I was unhappy with the floating bouncing feel of my FX4. I replaced the rear shocks with Bilstein's and that made a HUGE difference (improvement). I strongly recommend that (and many others have done it as well with same results=search) and the cost is about $200.
5100's?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you actually plan to go offroad I suggest staying away from spacer lift kits.and peveling kits. Simple as that. Why? Spacer kits(especially for front struts) but extra stress on the front suspension and you are at risk for breaking the front struts and possibly other parts.

If you simply just want to install 265/70-17 tires you can put those on with the truck stock as is. That has already been confirmed by many on here.

As for OffRoad suspension I personally suggest Old Man EMU. The front is lifted 2.4 and the rear 1.6 inches. You can even put 285/70-17 tires on with little to no issue(tire brand and model depending). The lift kit includes new chock and struts along with springs on all 4 corners. To say the least it is a nice ballanced suspension for the basic kit and i feel it is the best bang for you buck. It will also take you farther OffRoad compared to the leveling kits offered on the market.

OP
OP
HDRanger

HDRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This truck is 80/20 asphalt to dirt. Its not that I'm completely unhappy with the stock set up, but I will say that dirt road driving isnt supposed feel like im on a boat. I have considered just putting the larger tires on based on info from you and others on this forum, but since the boss approved the expense, I def see new shocks and springs in the near future. Once I learned that none of local dealers would help me out, I called several private shops that also said they would not install the FFP kit if I brought the parts in. Seems everyone around here only wants to install parts they sell me, which means I likely wont get the best price on the parts. One of the shops gave me a great quote for the 6112 / 5100 set up, so I'm now leaning heavily that direction. I've got a 3.5" Iron Rock kit with 5100's on my ZJ and I'm really happy with it, so I'm sure they'll be good on the Ranger.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It's not uncommon for a shop to not want to install parts they didnt order. What suprised me the most is the Ford dealers not wanting to do anything with the Ford Performance suspension kit. It is approved by Ford and you are willing to let them install it.... But yet they refuse....
Sponsored