First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That seems low. I read in some other tire forums running 40# was good for even wear. I did notice an improvement in MPG going from 36 - 40.
At 40#'s you will get pre-mature tire wear from the center of your treads.

incorrect-tyre-pressure-causing-wear.jpg
Sponsored

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
At 40#'s you will get pre-mature tire wear from the center of your treads.

incorrect-tyre-pressure-causing-wear.jpg
Just to satisfy my curiosity I called Nitto Tire and they calculated that my tire pressure should be at 25 psig based on my stock tires. I am at 28 psig now but will lower to 25 but might need to update the computer so I don't get a tire pressure alarm.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just to satisfy my curiosity I called Nitto Tire and they calculated that my tire pressure should be at 25 psig based on my stock tires. I am at 28 psig now but will lower to 25 but might need to update the computer so I don't get a tire pressure alarm.
25 seems really low. When I'm off road I'm usually aired down to 20-25 lbs depending on the terrain (sand/rocky) I'm in. I've been running 30-32 lbs cold and that's been perfect for me. I actually just rotated them two weeks ago and they still look like brand new.

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
25 seems really low. When I'm off road I'm usually aired down to 20-25 lbs depending on the terrain (sand/rocky) I'm in. I've been running 30-32 lbs cold and that's been perfect for me. I actually just rotated them two weeks ago and they still look like brand new.
That sounds about right for your tire size. I am running the 305/55 r20 size.

Tueltschi

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Auto Painter
I have 285/70R17 Ridge Grabbers on mine I have 7000 miles on them. Still quiet. If they stay that way I’ll buy another set. They and the lift were on the truck when bought it new.
BC2A1C12-B957-4EFC-8977-D25797803C42.jpeg

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
I have ridge grapplers on the f-350 dually, they look great all the time but after 50% life they go to hell, cupping, chunks, noise, vibration, etc. That may all have to do with the truck being deleted and tuned aggressively along with little self control when it comes to throttle application, either way, I’m hesitant to put them on the Ranger.

So far, how are they lasting on the Ranger and what size did you go with? How have they changed driving dynamics?
how often do you rotate them on the 350 ????

Blakebird

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
I have a set of the Fox 2.0 coilovers & shocks arriving tomorrow, and after a lot of looking around, I decided on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 265/70R17 with the coilovers set to 2" of lift.
The truck (FX4 XLT) does great as it is offroad, but I got a little bored and we've been doing enough wheeling in the desert that it will be money well spent.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a set of the Fox 2.0 coilovers & shocks arriving tomorrow, and after a lot of looking around, I decided on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 265/70R17 with the coilovers set to 2" of lift.
The truck (FX4 XLT) does great as it is offroad, but I got a little bored and we've been doing enough wheeling in the desert that it will be money well spent.
I have the same tires and size and you will really like them. I do a lot of off roading in the desert here and up in Sedona where it's rocky and they handle great.

Blakebird

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
I have the same tires and size and you will really like them. I do a lot of off roading in the desert here and up in Sedona where it's rocky and they handle great.
The thought of cutting a sidewall in the sharp desert rocks is what prompted the change to a different tire. The Hankooks work really well, zero complaints - but a taller and tougher sidewall was the goal.

Are the FX4 suspension takeoffs (19k miles) something that there are people using on "base" 4wd Rangers? Worth trying to sell or ...?
A buddy is buying the 5 tires for his Jeep.

IMG_1800.JPEG

IMG_1797.JPEG

IMG_1802.JPEG

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The thought of cutting a sidewall in the sharp desert rocks is what prompted the change to a different tire. The Hankooks work really well, zero complaints - but a taller and tougher sidewall was the goal.

Are the FX4 suspension takeoffs (19k miles) something that there are people using on "base" 4wd Rangers? Worth trying to sell or ...?
A buddy is buying the 5 tires for his Jeep.

IMG_1800.JPEG

IMG_1797.JPEG

IMG_1802.JPEG
That was a big reason for me too. Being out in the desert and having a sidewall punctured plus going up to Sedona where it's really rocky in areas.

As far as selling those I don't know if there's a big market for them but you could always list them in the members for sale section on here? I'm sure if they were reasonable someone might grab them to upgrade their suspension.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I have 285/70R17 Ridge Grabbers on mine I have 7000 miles on them. Still quiet. If they stay that way I’ll buy another set. They and the lift were on the truck when bought it new.
BC2A1C12-B957-4EFC-8977-D25797803C42.jpeg
Same size I plan to get. Are they still running quiet and even wear?
Sponsored