Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
The nextgen Ranger is based off the Bronco, correct? I can see a Ranger Raptor 2 door with Pickup bed and coilovers all around. A very simple, clean interior like the Bronco.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If a 2.7 is available in a future Lariat model, that would certainly complicate matters, especially with all the Levels of customization (lifts, tunes, tires) soon to be offered.
This is where it gets tricky. If they offer the 2.7 in the Lariat and then you add in the extras like suspension,larger tires and wheels how close in price are you now to a standard Ranger Raptor? Even if you save a few dollars the Raptor will still have a few "goodies" that you just won't be able to get like the wider body panels and I'm sure the interior will have some cool stuff. Also adding some of these extras to a Lariat (like we do now) won't give you the factory warrantee which would be standard in the Raptor with a full factory warrantee. Even more to think about now. ;)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm just basing this off of what the Lariat cost. With the new 2.7 motor , wider body panels and the other standard options the Raptor comes with it's just a wild guess that this is where it'll be. Now we're getting close to the F 150 Raptor base price but it's just like the Ranger/F 150 argument. Do you want a mini version which is more practical or the behemoth F 150 Raptor? As much as I want one I don't want a mortgage payment to get one. lol
Amen!

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
The nextgen Ranger is based off the Bronco, correct? I can see a Ranger Raptor 2 door with Pickup bed and coilovers all around. A very simple, clean interior like the Bronco.

From what I've heard the Bronco is riding on the next gen Ranger platform...itself simply tweaked in a few locations for the V6 engine, linkage for the suspension, etc etc. over the current gen platform.

NOW...with that being said it would be illogical and costly to have two different chassis set up when you can have one.

I have a question...has anyone seen the WB numbers for the Bronco 4 door? does it jibe with our super crew WB? I ask because I am hoping that it is stretched so that there is a possibility of someday having that 6' bed with 4 doors...without resorting to massive surgery like one ranger owner has taken to.

JB's Garage

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 1989 Dodge Ram 1st Gen
Occupation
Engineer
I'd rather see a square bore 3L four cylinder. No need to make maintenance more difficult with squeezing a 6 cylinder into the engine bay.

Deleted member 1634

From what I've heard the Bronco is riding on the next gen Ranger platform...itself simply tweaked in a few locations for the V6 engine, linkage for the suspension, etc etc. over the current gen platform.

NOW...with that being said it would be illogical and costly to have two different chassis set up when you can have one.

I have a question...has anyone seen the WB numbers for the Bronco 4 door? does it jibe with our super crew WB? I ask because I am hoping that it is stretched so that there is a possibility of someday having that 6' bed with 4 doors...without resorting to massive surgery like one ranger owner has taken to.
I think since there's already 2 sizes of the new platform (2-door and 4-door Bronco already have different wheelbases), there's no reason there couldn't be a third longer version for a crew cab long bed Ranger option. I think the only reason there isn't one now is because it would've taken too much time and effort to modify the current frame to accommodate something specifically for a few years in one region. Just get it out, make some money and some turbulence in the market, then hit it hard with the next generation shortly after once there's time to perfect it.

Also, it looks like the 4-Door Bronco is already shorter than the current Ranger anyways, which makes sense since it's shorter overall without the need for the truck bed space.
Ranger: 126.8" wheelbase
2-Door Bronco: 100" wheelbase
4-Door Bronco: 116" wheelbase

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
I'd rather see a square bore 3L four cylinder. No need to make maintenance more difficult with squeezing a 6 cylinder into the engine bay.

That is close to what GM I think is doing with the Colorado/Canyon...the 2.7 4 cyl turbo was a flop in the full size trucks but put it in their mid size trucks and it would be a decent little monster I think.

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I thought the 4-door Bronco would be the prototype for the new Ford Maverick pickup (116.1" wheelbase + 190.5" length)?
Sponsored