First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Hi Folks! We purchased a Ranger in 2019 and sure have liked it. Seems we have 20,000 miles on it now. We tow trailers, travel and in use it for work in general. We live in the UP of MI where it really snows. Nice to be here with you.

rangercamper231.jpg
ranger tows boss14.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Hey! I've been waiting to see some Yooper Rangers on here! haha I grew up in da Yoop and even went to Tech. My wife and I try and make it over that way (from Duluth) at least once a year. Been 4 times already this year. haha She fell in love with the place the first time I brought her. It's usually her idea to go for a visit. haha

Anyway, enjoy the forum and all the knowledge, insight, and ideas! And maybe we'll see you around next time we visit the Keweenaw.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Hey Matt, We moved out of Duluth in about 1996 and my spouse is a saint scholastica grad. (spelling?) Her folks reside in Ely, so we pass throught there about twice a year. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome Aryln. There's a lot of greats folks with a ton of knowledge here. But beware, the mod bug may bite you when you see some of the rigs on the forum.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I should add we traded in a 2017 Tacoma for this Ranger. Was not at all happy with that truck :lipssealed:....

Deleted member 1634

Hey Matt, We moved out of Duluth in about 1996 and my spouse is a saint scholastica grad. (spelling?) Her folks reside in Ely, so we pass through there about twice a year. Thanks for the welcome!
Nice! My brother works for the US Forest Service up there in Ely so we head up that way quite a bit. And we also just love cruising around the Superior National Forest as well in general.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Matt, What did you take at Tech?? We moved here in 2003 so maybe here at the same time. My spouse worked as a summer causal for the FS at Ely shop and got to know many of the employees there. But that was quite a few years ago!

Deleted member 1634

Matt, What did you take at Tech?? We moved here in 2003 so maybe here at the same time. My spouse worked as a summer causal for the FS at Ely shop and got to know many of the employees there. But that was quite a few years ago!
Oh I'm pretty young, relatively speaking for this forum I've found. haha I just turned 30 this summer, so I was at Tech 2008-13. Got an unoriginal ME degree. haha Though I do have a minor in Structural Materials and Composites, which works perfectly for my job. Spent a lot of time with the pep band and also worked on the satellite. Went to plenty of sports games too, mostly because of pep band, but would've anyways cause I'm a big hockey and basketball fan. haha

My brother is two years younger than me, and actually went to Tech as well ('10-'15), so I doubt he'd know them.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
So you were in pep band at tech?? :clap: We've known some members of it over the years. Did you work on projects in the ATDC shop?

Deleted member 1634

So you were in pep band at tech?? :clap: We've known some members of it over the years. Did you work on projects in the ATDC shop?
I was in pep band for all 5 years, and I was band manager for my last 2 years. As well as VP of the band led student org that did the Winter Carnival interactive statue. I went all in on pep-band, for better or worse. haha So I've known quite a few members as well. haha

I didn't work up at the ATDC too much. Most of the Aerospace satellite work, or at least the portions I did, was done in the MEEM, either 1st floor or the sub-basement labs. But my brother was part of the Formula team and did a bunch of work up there his last few years at Tech.

Playing my sax with the band at a hockey game
134760_1476591044170_7565474_o.jpg

Wiping down the ice bar at the band Carnival statue during All-Nighter
399868_2563656780134_1008928898_n.jpg

The benefits of personally knowing the mascot (and the man inside) means you can get some pretty good graduation pictures haha
464877_4628051388709_934280426_o.jpg

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Thanks to all for you warm welcome! And now a question... We were camping over the weekend with our ranger. Where is the appropriate thread or section to post camp photos??? thanks!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks to all for you warm welcome! And now a question... We were camping over the weekend with our ranger. Where is the appropriate thread or section to post camp photos??? thanks!
Hi Arlyn, You can start your own post in the off road section here. That way you'll be able to add to them on your next venture.

OP
OP
Arly

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Thanks! I'll post some there when I get weekend camp photos processed. (ak edited)

Deleted member 1634

Hi Arlyn, You can start your own post in the off road section here. That way you'll be able to add to them on your next venture.
Either that or any of these might work too, depending on the shot:
All around photography: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/place-for-photography.4699/
Ranger's parked next to things: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/look-at-my-ranger-parked-next-to-stuff.2543/
Ranger's hauling things: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-rangers-hauling-things-thread.1760/

Or even the Lightning Blue Ranger Thread maybe. I wouldn't know what goes on in there though since I only go into the Saber thread. haha
Sponsored