First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Sales
I don't own a Sherpa rack but its made in the USA so it will cost a little more than the cheaper stuff coming from China. Just depends on what type of consumer you are and who you want to support.

The bed rack market is even worse for copy cats. Now the new thing are the extrusion bed racks and there are like 5 companies making them and they all look the same. You can't really innovate when 90% of the rack is 80/20 that you could buy yourself. Plus they look like something you would buy at Home Depot to carry ladders.

Also, no manufacturing company would survive on 20% profit margins. The point of a business is to make money...it's not a charity. I love when people start analyzing the cost of materials and call companies out for "price gouging"

Reactions: ORO

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Gucci mafia strikes again, talk about a hard fail.

1. years late to the market

2. looks nearly identical to existing market products

3. price tags higher than everyone

I can still hear the 29.99% interest rate credit cards swiping anyhow.

Also, no manufacturing company would survive on 20% profit margins. The point of a business is to make money...it's not a charity. I love when people start analyzing the cost of materials and call companies out for "price gouging"
People use the term "price gouging" incorrectly 99% of the time. Firearms enthusiast are some of the most terrible ones I can think of. lol

Also I have not seen one reffercing price as if they were a charity. Quite the opposite, they can demand the price that the market will command. That doesn't absolve them of opinion though.

Also, save me your bologna about national product support, considering you posted this from your Chinese manufactured phone if I had to guess. Not to mention a majority of gucci brand off-road companies mostly get their components from... ready for it? Not America. Rigid, Baja Designs, Method, RTR, etc etc you name it. They are happy to slap a "Assembled in the USA" label on the box though.

Last edited:

Phil Rich

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Human ressources
hummm so it's just for supercrew and not for supercab, like alllll the others ?
Sponsored