First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Just purchased a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package and the Tremor graphics in Carbonized Grey.

Went to the dealer to look at a Cyber Orange but for an extra cost color it was quite under whelming, looked like school bus yellow. Not usually attracted to grey vehicles but this one with the red and carbon fiber graphics rang my bell.

I traded an Ecoboost Mustang so I am familiar with the 2.3 Ecoboost. Not sure if I am going to do any performance mods like I did to the Mustang. For now I have a tonneau cover on order and will be getting a spray in bed liner.

Hoping there will be some changes I can make with ForScan.

Dave

IMG_20210823_110624356_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dgc333

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I would like to see that combo in person as it is the only colour I like the stripes with.
The only other one I have seen with the stripe package and it was Race Red. It didn't do anything for me.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Dgc333

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The other thing I am not crazy about are the steps. They get in the way getting in and out. If I try to use them I feel like I am contorting myself. I would take them off in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't complain.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to Ranger 5G. Looks like youā€™ll fit right in. Hang around here long enough and then it starts. Youā€™ll see! ?

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
I just pulled the trigger on Ford's Performance pack - on sale for $650 (or was) at Levittown with free shipping. Under factory warranty with a 45hp/60lb boost. Mine should get here by early next week.

SactoJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
The other thing I am not crazy about are the steps. They get in the way getting in and out. If I try to use them I feel like I am contorting myself. I would take them off in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't complain.
Same boat here, after a couple of weeks and bloody legs (they will chew up skin if not careful) I started really paying attention and figured a way to kind of use them both in and out. Now I don't even think about it, it's just natural.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful Ranger.. Congrats!

Look it over real good for dings and dents esp in this area on the hood, rear cab and paint cracking near the bottom wheel well.. donā€˜t ask me how I know. Maybe i was the only lucky one.
BE0BBD7B-0822-4C64-A516-C842C60F8F70.jpeg

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Welcome and Congrats! :like:
I agree, I wish the Orange was an actual Orange and not yellow.
I originally wanted the Carbonized Gray but, due to the shortage on lots I didnā€™t have much of a selection. I was happy to get one of my other favorite colors of Rapid Red though.
How many miles did you get on your 2.3 Ecoboost mustang? Iā€™m guessing it was fairly reliable since you got another one in a Ranger haha

OP
OP
Dgc333

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Beautiful Ranger.. Congrats!

Look it over real good for dings and dents esp in this area on the hood, rear cab and paint cracking near the bottom wheel well.. donā€˜t ask me how I know. Maybe i was the only lucky one.
BE0BBD7B-0822-4C64-A516-C842C60F8F70.jpeg
Went over it real well at the dealer and didn't find any issues but a turd a sea gull left on the tail gate.

OP
OP
Dgc333

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I just pulled the trigger on Ford's Performance pack - on sale for $650 (or was) at Levittown with free shipping. Under factory warranty with a 45hp/60lb boost. Mine should get here by early next week.
I would have expected that the tune for the Ranger 2.3 would get the engine to the same power level as it does in the Mustang 2.3, 340HP/390 ft-lbs.

When I put the Ford Performance tune on my Mustang Ecoboost the most noticeable difference was in the 5500 rpm to redline. At 6000 rpm you pick up 100HP.
Sponsored