First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Nice to have you will us DR. My dad resides in Chamberlain and we were there one year ago. Here are photos of those trips. We have family here and there around the state.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome to the forum Steve. Enjoy that new Ranger. There are a lot of good folks here ready to help if needed. But beware, a lot of us are more than happy to help you spend money on mods for that new truck. :)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just purchased a 2020 4x4 Ranger XLT in Grey with the Sport and 302a package. 1st day with it and I think I'm going to love it.
Welcome Dave, I am sure you will love the truck, plenty of advice and help spending your money. Watch out for the damper squad. ?

OP
OP

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Nice to have you will us DR. My dad resides in Chamberlain and we were there one year ago. Here are photos of those trips. We have family here and there around the state.
Chamberlain is a great area, lots of good fishing and goose hunting up and down the river and if that isn't working out you can always go whack a few pheasants. Sorry to see the death in the family. Best wishes.

OP
OP

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Welcome Dave, I am sure you will love the truck, plenty of advice and help spending your money. Watch out for the damper squad. ?
Thanks for the welcome. I have already managed to part with more money today. Bought some weather tech mats and a rubber bed mat. I'm sure it ain't over yet. I have read a few sarcastic posts about the dampers. Must be a running joke around here!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks for the welcome. I have already managed to part with more money today. Bought some weather tech mats and a rubber bed mat. I'm sure it ain't over yet. I have read a few sarcastic posts about the dampers. Must be a running joke around here!
It's all in good fun Steve. We're basically a simple minded group.......:)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve,

Yeah...their is the Manly Group and the Damper Group...never the twain shall meet, except on these forums to poke fun at each other... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased a 2020 4x4 Ranger XLT in Grey with the Sport and 302a package. 1st day with it and I think I'm going to love it.
Have the same truck except a '19 and it's super cab. And yes, you look for excuses to get out and drive it. Do you have the Bridgestone A/T's on it? That's the only thing I regretted on it, but since then I've swapped them out.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
welcome - how's the pheasant hunt going this year ? used to go up to Little Pierre annually but missed it this year mostly because of the pandemic - and the preserve kept upping the price of birds over the daily limit, got expensive to shoot more than 3 at $25 per bird. So many birds though, tough to stop at just 3 a day. I'd fill my Ranger's bed with them if I could - great birds to dine on.

OP
OP

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Have the same truck except a '19 and it's super cab. And yes, you look for excuses to get out and drive it. Do you have the Bridgestone A/T's on it? That's the only thing I regretted on it, but since then I've swapped them out.
I had the dealer put on Falken WildPeak AT/3's on. I really like the look. Went with the stock size. Don't notice any excessive road noise. Now I gotta find a buyer for the Bridgestones!

OP
OP

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
What brand did you end up going with?

OP
OP

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
welcome - how's the pheasant hunt going this year ? used to go up to Little Pierre annually but missed it this year mostly because of the pandemic - and the preserve kept upping the price of birds over the daily limit, got expensive to shoot more than 3 at $25 per bird. So many birds though, tough to stop at just 3 a day. I'd fill my Ranger's bed with them if I could - great birds to dine on.
Those little chickens are tasty, I like to make pheasant jalapeño poppers on the grill. Lots of birds again this year but yeah, the price of getting on well stocked private land is getting crazy. I usually hunt public ground in Lyman county and I've always done well.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase