George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 APG Ranger ProRunner
Occupation
Ranger Builder
Hey guys,

We've been really busy here at the shop over the last month, so I apologize for the lack of posting, but I've got some AWESOME news! We're now finally taking pre-orders for our APG Progressive Leaf Pack kits. The stock leaf pack is one of the biggest complaints we share with our customers, and with very few aftermarket solutions available, we felt building this part was necessary. We have two kits available, so read more about them below to see which kit is right for you.

We're offering a special 10% off introductory price when you pre-order these springs through midnight 10/7/20. We can ship them anywhere in the country, but we will need to give you a separate shipping quote after you pre-order. These springs must ship freight on a pallet, due to their size and weight, and freight charges vary by shipping address. They will also be available for local pickup if you're near us in Southern California.

Standard Pack:
https://automotiveperformancegroup.com/product/s20-008/

HD Pack:
https://automotiveperformancegroup.com/product/s20-009/

The 2019+ Ford Ranger factory leaf springs leave much room for improvement. The OEM design uses a single linear rate leaf spring with an overload spring below it, making for a generally uncomfortable ride whether you’re on the street or off-road. It also does not handle additional payload weight very well, causing the rear of the truck sag when loaded down. Our Progressive leaf spring kit aims to eliminate any issues with the OEM rear suspension of the Ranger, by replacing the entire leaf spring with a progressive leaf pack developed in conjunction with Deaver Suspension. As one of the leading off-road racing suspension companies in existence, Deaver has been engineering and offering performance leaf spring systems for all kinds of vehicles for decades. Together, we developed this progressive leaf pack to improve the ride of your Ranger, and increase the payload it can carry while still holding ride height. This kit includes everything needed to replace your factory leaf springs. The factory rear shackle and bushing is re-used.

The Standard progressive leaf spring kit features 10 leaf springs, in a progressive design that makes for a smooth, predictable ride around town, but offers superb off-road performance when it really counts – in the dirt. Built for speed and articulation, this leaf pack is the ideal setup for anyone looking to increase the performance of their rear suspension in any kind of terrain. Whether you prefer long, wide-open desert runs, or tight rocky trails, the standard progressive pack is the best option available!

This leaf pack is NOT designed to lift the truck. It is engineered to retain factory ride height with improved ride quality.

DEAVER1.jpg

The heavy duty (HD) progressive leaf spring kit features the same 10 heavy duty leaf springs, in a progressive design but with heavy duty leafs, making it the ideal setup for anyone looking to improve their ride quality while carrying weight. Whether you’ve got a full overland setup in the bed, or you tow a heavy trailer with high tongue weight, the HD leaf pack is the best option available. The HD leaf spring kit was designed for individuals who routinely carry 500-600 lbs of extra weight in the bed.

This leaf pack is NOT designed to lift the truck. It is designed for trucks holding an EXTRA 500-600 lbs of weight in the bed routinely. Installing this leaf pack on a truck that does not have extra weight in the bed may result in undesired stiffer rear suspension and rear ride height increase.

DEAVERHD.jpg

Included in these kits:

Standard or HD Progressive leaf pack (2)

Front hanger bushing kit (2)

U-bolt plate (2)

U-bolts and hardware (4)

Raptor bump stop (2)

*Always follow the vehicle manufacturer’s safe towing and hauling guidelines, and never exceed the towing or hauling capacity of your vehicle as described in the manual.

DEAVER3.jpg

DEAVER_PROMO.jpg

I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have. Thank you for your business!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I like it!! I feel tgis is a great option for those doing just a leveling kit and want to tow or load the bed and go offroad. It would be nice to still lift the rear a little bit from stock but not too much.

OP
OP
APG

APG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ranger Builder
I like it!! I feel tgis is a great option for those doing just a leveling kit and want to tow or load the bed and go offroad. It would be nice to still lift the rear a little bit from stock but not too much.
Thanks! We're currently working on a new shackle that will give you a small lift with these springs (thinking about 1-1.5"). When those are ready, you can combine the new shackle with the Deaver springs and have a progressive ride and level the truck out if you're lifted up front. ?

Justin87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
collision tech
Thanks! We're currently working on a new shackle that will give you a small lift with these springs (thinking about 1-1.5"). When those are ready, you can combine the new shackle with the Deaver springs and have a progressive ride and level the truck out if you're lifted up front. ?
Sign me up for the shackles, I just pre-ordered my leafs. Yesterday I ordered my pure performance coilovers, shocks, and UCAs. I cannot wait to put it all together and see how it rides!

Reactions: APG

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Will these leaf packs provide any extended travel over the stock leaf?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From the information they provided it looks like only the heavy load could do so if you do not have extra load on the vehicle. With the exception of putting their Shackles on I don't think so.

Justin87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
collision tech
From the information they provided it looks like only the heavy load could do so if you do not have extra load on the vehicle. With the exception of putting their Shackles on I don't think so.
If you know anything about APG kits for the ranger, they are all about extended travel. It does say they were built for performance and articulation, with that being said it also says they include the raptor bumpstops. The raptor bumpstops add travel too, because our trucks won't have to rely on the factory bumpstops for payload and towing since the factory linear spring is so wimpy. Probably should let the guys who designed and built these answer that though, because its not really right to answer questions on assumptions rather than knowledge of a product alot of people put alot of time and energy into.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you know anything about APG kits for the ranger, they are all about extended travel. It does say they were built for performance and articulation, with that being said it also says they include the raptor bumpstops. The raptor bumpstops add travel too, because our trucks won't have to rely on the factory bumpstops for payload and towing since the factory linear spring is so wimpy. Probably should let the guys who designed and built these answer that though, because its not really right to answer questions on assumptions rather than knowledge of a product alot of people put alot of time and energy into.
For the bump stops being changed I can believe travel being increased. Something to also consider is the fact that they state that the leaf springs from them are not intended to give a lift by themselves. Because of that you will not get extended travel by themselves with only the leaf springs. That by itself to tell you enough. That is why I myself I would prefer if they would give you a little bit of a lift even if they did not include the extra load capacity. I'm not trash tucking them if that's what you're wondering. If anything I think it's a nice product that they are offering for their wide body kit and long travel kit for the front.

OP
OP
APG

APG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ranger Builder
Minimally, yes. But that wasn't the intended purpose of this leaf pack. We made these for on and off-road comfort + load carrying capacity. Ford didn't make it easy to increase travel in the rear of this truck. The correct way of increasing travel numbers in the rear is to install a longer leaf spring, typically paired with a longer shackle that's been moved back. Ford decided to mount the leaf springs directly under the frame rails on this truck, and placed the shackle right up against the rear bumper mount support on the frame. This poses two engineering problems. 1, your bump stop is under the frame, taking up precious inches of travel room between the top spring and the frame rail. That's why we give you Raptor bump stops in the kit, because they're much shorter than the Ranger's, and thus giving you back some inches of up-travel you lose with a taller leaf pack. 2, a traditional longer shackle would contact the rear bumper mount support on the frame at full bump.

If you wanted to gain real, usable travel from the rear of the Ranger, you'd need a custom application similar to Class 2000 race trucks. A spring under axle setup would be ideal, at which point you could have 16" or more travel out of the rear with a correct sized shock and a bed cage. And even with all that, you'd really need a wider rear axle such as a fabricated 9" race axle, so that you could run shocks outboard of the frame rails rather inboard as they are now.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Has anyone received their spring pack and installed them? Pics? Results?

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Yes, I have them installed and took them offroad already. Really tossed the truck around and it is marvelous. Dirt roads that would cause the tail to get sloppy are now completely stable. Bumps and whoops at high speed didn't cause anything in the bed to move. Handled rocks and uneven terrain amazingly. I had to get my best friend and 2 other ranger buddies to drive it to make sure it wasn't a placebo effect. Well, the other 2 ranger drivers now have apg/Deaver leaf packs on their wish list.

Even though I have hds, I had some fun on the streets before loading my normal bed weight for trips, and while it should have been a bit oversprung, it still handled everything perfectly. Hard over uneven terrain, railroad tracks did phase the new setup at all. Extremely pleased with them.

Here's a before and after side shot. I have another upgrade going in tomorrow and then hopefully get to test the new setup Saturday.

20201115_100528.jpg

20201127_145220.jpg

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have them installed and took them offroad already. Really tossed the truck around and it is marvelous. Dirt roads that would cause the tail to get sloppy are now completely stable. Bumps and whoops at high speed didn't cause anything in the bed to move. Handled rocks and uneven terrain amazingly. I had to get my best friend and 2 other ranger buddies to drive it to make sure it wasn't a placebo effect. Well, the other 2 ranger drivers now have apg/Deaver leaf packs on their wish list.

Even though I have hds, I had some fun on the streets before loading my normal bed weight for trips, and while it should have been a bit oversprung, it still handled everything perfectly. Hard over uneven terrain, railroad tracks did phase the new setup at all. Extremely pleased with them.

Here's a before and after side shot. I have another upgrade going in tomorrow and then hopefully get to test the new setup Saturday.

20201115_100528.jpg

20201127_145220.jpg
Hey I want to see more pictures of your truck somewhere. Let's look at that bumper.

trmkars

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.project395.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
APG standard leaf pack in back, and ICON 2.5 lift in the front.

Front and rear changes were installed at the same time and after install the rear is 1 inch higher and the front just over 2.5 inches.

The ride is greatly improved!
PXL_20201130_005205305.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
APG standard leaf pack in back, and ICON 2.5 lift in the front.

Front and rear changes were installed at the same time and after install the rear is 1 inch higher and the front just over 2.5 inches.

The ride is greatly improved!
PXL_20201130_005205305.jpg
Now for giant oversized wheels and no sidewall tires!!! Lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.