New Norwegian member, hi!

SnowWolf

Hey there!

New member from Norway in Europe, my first Ranger was a 2012 XLT 4x4 in black. It had no extra options except a tow bar and a diesel heater, it was a small cab with a long bed.

Now I have a 2019 Wildtrak X 4x4 in performance blue. This is the first generation of the Wildtrak X, which were produced in limited quantity.

Unique to the Wildtrak X is a full black interior, full black leather seats, performance blue metallic paint color alongside a unique panther black trim. The rims are also black and were unique to the Wildtrak X.

The Wildtrak X also has all the options available, I’m pretty sure most of the accessories are the same on the US trucks when fully loaded.

Unlike the US version, my Ranger is powered by a 3.2 TDCi diesel engine that’s paired up with a 6-speed automatic transmission. It produces 200 horse powers, it also uses AdBlue (DEF Fluid).

Max payload capacity, including passengers: 993 KG (2189 LBS)
Max braked trailer weight: 3500 KG (7716 LBS)
Max road train weight: 6000 KG (13227 LBS)

Like most other Norwegians, including some I’ve seen on the forum my truck is registered with the rear seats removed to save on tax. Instead, it has a flat cargo floor in the back alongside some extra sound proofing. The underside of the cargo floor is great for storage, such as ratchet straps etc.

If you’re curious about anything, just ask! Besides owning a Ranger, I’m a truck driver. Usually in my free time I enjoy sitting in front of the PC or playing Xbox, I’m a huge fan of the new Tomb Raider trilogy as you can tell from my profile picture.

Here's a ton of pictures!

Sorry the license plates look a bit weird, I simply edited out the letters and numbers.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome to the forum, it's a beauty. If you can would you post some pictures of the back seat area. I ordered my U.S. version Super Cab (2 door) STX with the rear seat deleted. I would have loved to had a Crew Cab (4 door) without the back seat. The extra room would have been nice.

Yes, it's blue also. :) Lightning Blue here in the states.

100_5252.JPG

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the Ranger family! Nice looking truck. Some of wish we could run diesel here but not offered.

The sooner you get a tailgate damper the better it will be! If you have difficulty finding one one of many members here will gladly help you out! Honest‼?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The rear seat removal is more of a forced issue, they outright double the price in Norway if you want rear seats. This is to avoid families buying pickups to use as family vehicles etc.

The rear cargo floor is not something that is delivered with the truck, though Ford can deliver it that way if you'd like. I just had it done afterwards though, it's a third-party company that does it. They make all kind of neat things.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow or the day after, right now my truck is at Ford to fix the trailer wiring harness for the 4th time. And since its winter, it might be pitch black out when I get it back.

But as soon as I have the truck back in daylight, I'll take some pics for you!

I’d actually like to have the short cab as well, since the bigger bed space is nice. However, the Wildtrak X is the only one with this unique color setup that I absolutely fell in love with. And it’s only available in the double cab version.

But I don’t use the bed that much to be honest, and the larger interior space is great for stuff you’d want to keep warm and dry.
Wow, I hope our politicians here in the USA don't find out about that. They have never seen a tax they didn't like. LOL

Look forward to the pictures my friend. Like you I don't haul a lot. I tried to do without a truck, but found that I still need one from time to time. And the Ranger is a perfect size for me, and the way I use a truck these days.

Jim

Last edited:

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Hey there!

New member from Norway in Europe, my first Ranger was a 2012 XLT in black. It had no extra options except a tow bar and a diesel heater, it was a small cab with a long bed.

Now I have a fully stock 2019 Wildtrak X in performance blue. This is the first generation of the Wildtrak X, which were produced in limited quantity.

Unique to the Wildtrak X is a full black interior, full black leather seats, performance blue metallic paint color alongside a unique panther black trim. The rims are also black and were unique to the Wildtrak X.

The Wildtrak X also has all the options available, I’m pretty sure most of the accessories are the same on the US trucks when fully loaded.

Unlike the US version, my Ranger is powered by a 3.2 TDCi diesel engine that’s paired up with a 6-speed automatic transmission. It produces 200 horse powers, it also uses AdBlue (DEF Fluid).

Max payload capacity, including passengers: 993 KG (2189 LBS)
Max road train weight: 6000 KG (13227 LBS)
Max braked trailer weight: 3500 KG (7716 LBS)

Like most other Norwegians, including some I’ve seen on the forum my truck is registered with the rear seats removed to save on tax. Instead, it has a flat cargo floor in the back alongside some extra sound proofing. The underside of the cargo floor is great for storage, such as ratchet straps etc.

If you’re curious about anything, just ask! Besides owning a Ranger, I’m a truck driver. Usually in my free time though I enjoy sitting in front of the PC or playing Xbox, I’m a huge fan of the new Tomb Raider trilogy as you can tell from my profile picture.
welcome to the forum. Love that blue color with the black bumpers ?

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
The rear seat removal is more of a forced issue, they outright double the price in Norway if you want rear seats. This is to avoid families buying pickups to use as family vehicles etc.
Just curious as to why your government would discourage citizens from using a crew cab truck as a family vehicle?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
That pretty much answers my question. Would be a shame to consider using a vehicle for work that you can haul, make a living, etc. then use it as a family transporter as well to avoid having a dedicated work truck and another family car(s) since that concept might actually help the environment.

andybj

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat, Rapid Red
Hello Snowwolf! My family immigrated to the USA from Norway in the late 1800's my family last name is Bjorgum. I was told this means "house by cliff" is that correct?

Your truck looks great! I'm curious where the truck was assembled? And I am very jealous of your diesel engine! I surely would have paid extra for it. I'm also interested to see pictures of your back seat area.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Welcome .... sweet looking truck ... interesting reasoning on the rear seats ... gotta love government

Nomad88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Wolf !
Love the color , truck looks amazing. :) ( Same truck as my riding buddy )

I look forward to meet up when i come back to Norway from work in middle east .
In the meanwhile i see its snowing at home so drive safe and enjoy the RWD :D
Sponsored