New Members Introduce Yourself!

garyrox

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
owned two Rangers in the 80-90 time frame, I have dealer looking for my 2019 FX4 XLT, two dogs, don't want leather. Local dealer is small and only has had two Rangers this year. 5 hour round trip to large dealer and I like my local ford dealer, so I let them try to locate what I want.
Sponsored

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
Bought a Ranger Saturday of Memorial day weekend. Within the next few days the check engine light came on and the infotainment system kept freezing. Its been the shop 2 weeks now...

Crazy thing is... I can't wait to drive it again. Not even mad, they gave me a brand new F150 loaner the entire time. It will be like buying the same new truck twice worth of excitement. It will likely be fixed tomorrow June 20th. Ive gotta say that after driving this F150, I still like driving the Ranger so much more.

*******Update 6/21/19.
Called Ford corporate and asked for a discounted extended warranty, they offered it up for free. I give Ford 5 stars, I give the dealer 5 stars. Though the truck was in the shop 2 weeks, I understood that this is a new motor/truck combo and knew that I may be a test dummy. Their response was very professional.

Red truck.JPG

Last edited:

jjaneba

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hey all! I bought my Ranger is early May and I'm glad to be joining your community. I've been an F150 guy for years, but the redesign (and being promoted to a construction desk job) sold me on the new Ranger. It's been a month and I couldn't have made a better purchase. I test drove Tacomas to compare and the Ranger is simply a superior truck in my opinion. It seems this community thinks Sable is for the girls, but oh well. Girly or not, I love my truck!
20190525_135242.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hey all! I bought my Ranger is early May and I'm glad to be joining your community. I've been an F150 guy for years, but the redesign (and being promoted to a construction desk job) sold me on the new Ranger. It's been a month and I couldn't have made a better purchase. I test drove Tacomas to compare and the Ranger is simply a superior truck in my opinion. It seems this community thinks Sable is for the girls, but oh well. Girly or not, I love my truck!
20190525_135242.jpg
Well, I’m a female & there may be a few more, but I believe the majority of Saber owners on this forum are male. It’s definitely not girly. It just looks great!:thumbsup:

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Hi from so-cal. Lots of good info on this forum for such a new truck. Keep up the great work everyone!

67C38F80-3264-46D8-86D6-5947FA4BDA6A.jpeg

3A44E425-7705-491C-96FF-5541CF902384.jpeg

96C08CD8-1B90-43E0-B0D9-768889AD4176.jpeg
I like your wheels and tires. It's a good match.

JRLyons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tacoma SR5 4X4, 2011 Volkswagen GTI
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and haven't actually pulled the trigger on a Ranger yet. I recently had a daughter, (our first) and my 03 Xtracab Tacoma (which I adore) has to go so that we can still adventure as a family. I'm currently on the fence, as i'm sure many of you were: Ranger vs Tacoma. I'm sure y'all will have a lot to say about that! Research, research, research.

Historically, I've owned both Fords and Toyotas: 1984 Tacoma, 2001 F-250, 2007 Ranger, and a 2003 Tacoma.

Thanks for the ADD!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and haven't actually pulled the trigger on a Ranger yet. I recently had a daughter, (our first) and my 03 Xtracab Tacoma (which I adore) has to go so that we can still adventure as a family. I'm currently on the fence, as i'm sure many of you were: Ranger vs Tacoma. I'm sure y'all will have a lot to say about that! Research, research, research.

Historically, I've owned both Fords and Toyotas: 1984 Tacoma, 2001 F-250, 2007 Ranger, and a 2003 Tacoma.

Thanks for the ADD!
I will just say this - make sure you test drive a new Tacoma before you decide. I really wanted to like the Tacoma (it does have some nice features), but the powertrain in the gen3 models is TERRIBLE, IMO. I much prefer the Ranger powertrain - I think it is best in class, probably its best asset.

Good luck with your decision making - if you have any questions on real world stuff, don't be afraid to ask. There is lots of good info here.

Deleted member 1634

Hey everyone! I have a Saber Crew Cab XLT FX4 with 302A package. Picked it up in late May. Already been on two camping trips w/ our teardrop trailer, two trips with the kayaks on the roof, and one trip helping move my brother to his new place (possibly another move trip this weekend). Put about 2500 miles on it so far, so I'm getting the use out of it.

Tonneau cover (Truxedo Duece) should be here tomorrow. Storage Bag (Truxedo Expedition) is already here and fits well. Vinyl letters for the tailgate (TVD) are here to put on. Warn off road lights are installed but not hooked up yet, but will once I get time to play around with them. Yakima rack set has already been used twice to put the kayaks on the roof.

My wife and I are in Duluth, MN. So far I've heard of at least 2 other '19 Rangers in town, but haven't seen any yet. I traded in my '14 Subaru Crosstrek. It was getting too small for my wife, me, and our 2 dogs for all the long trips we take. I've always been a Ford guy. My Grandpa actually retried from Ford after 40+ years as a millwright on the assembly line in Dearborn. My dad also worked on the line there for a few years as well. My dad had a 1st gen Ranger when I was kid. My brother also had a 1st gen ranger when he was in college a few years back. My grandpa currently has a 3rd gen one. I've wanted a Ranger since I was 12 years old, when I was learning to drive, and am happy to finally have my own.

Always been part of a Ford family and I'm happy to be back!

JRLyons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tacoma SR5 4X4, 2011 Volkswagen GTI
I will just say this - make sure you test drive a new Tacoma before you decide. I really wanted to like the Tacoma (it does have some nice features), but the powertrain in the gen3 models is TERRIBLE, IMO. I much prefer the Ranger powertrain - I think it is best in class, probably its best asset.

Good luck with your decision making - if you have any questions on real world stuff, don't be afraid to ask. There is lots of good info here.
I have driven both and I agree. The powertrain is actually the reason I'm considering the Ranger (and a few features: Android Auto, remote start, head room, etc.) Just hard to shake my experiences with Tacomas over the last decade...

Who's using these as daily driver/family friendly/weekend warrior vehicles? And what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Doc

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
Hi, Im Anne. My hot pepper chrome package is on production line today! Wicked excited but nervous with reading about problems with them. Will be my 5th Ranger. Went with a Tacoma last Oct and hate it. Hope I made the right choice; I think I did.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, Im Anne. My hot pepper chrome package is on production line today! Wicked excited but nervous with reading about problems with them. Will be my 5th Ranger. Went with a Tacoma last Oct and hate it. Hope I made the right choice; I think I did.
Do worry to much. A lot of those here have had bad things to say but most of us are doing just great

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have driven both and I agree. The powertrain is actually the reason I'm considering the Ranger (and a few features: Android Auto, remote start, head room, etc.) Just hard to shake my experiences with Tacomas over the last decade...

Who's using these as daily driver/family friendly/weekend warrior vehicles? And what are your thoughts?
My Ranger is now my daily driver and I absolutely love it. I go hiking most weekends and take it on some pretty sketchy forest service roads. Thus far it has served me very well.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do worry to much. A lot of those here have had bad things to say but most of us are doing just great
Agreed. There have been a few hiccups for a few people, but overall I think most people are really happy with them - and most seem to be trouble free. I've not had any issues in two months and close to 3000 miles of driving.

I think you will love it once you get it. The waiting is the hardest part.
Sponsored