First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
No damper!? Wth! Old retired guys need it more than anyone.
Well, hopefully you gain other wisdom here though you aren't starting off very well. :wink:
May you not find the Ranger too high, nor fuel in your oil. Enjoy!
I'm retired but not that old. I retired on my 52nd birthday. Need to keep working out with unassisted tailgate bicep curls and climb ups into cab. Did smell fuel in oil before 1st oil change. Haven't looked since then.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
I always drive in tow mode, better shift pattern that way.
Shifting pattern is definitely better in tow, downshifts are but bit rough especially downshifts when slowing down fast. I’m not giving up on tow mode just yet though lol

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
I'm retired but not that old. I retired on my 52nd birthday. Need to keep working out with unassisted tailgate bicep curls and climb ups into cab. Did smell fuel in oil before 1st oil change. Haven't looked since then.
Don’t go down that rabbit hole of the fuel in the oil. There are tons of pages about it on here. I went out and checked mine, smelled it, and then realized why am I out here smelling my oil at 9pm on a work night. Went back inside, grabbed a beer and forgot all about it. Well until now…

OP
OP
TXRangerTim

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
welcome Tim I hope you like the truck, mine has been pretty good so far. I know what you mean about the thin sounding metal, it sounds like you are closing a pop can but generally no complaints that haven't been taken care of by Ford.
I friend didn't believe me when i said it needs sound damping materiel. Then he heard the door shut sounding like a crushed tin can and was surprised with the thinness.

Nice truck, been slowly trying to make mine a bit more like the tremor. I agree transmission is a different animal as I’m still in what I hope to be the learning phase.
That's why I bought the Tremor instead of having to build up to it from an FX4 or 4X4.

Welcome to the club.
As for the bed, it being lower on the driver's side is normal, not good but normal for Rangers. Clunky transmission should get better with more driving.
The bed isn't misaligned with one side higher. It's level on both sides (not going to let my OCD look there now). It's misaligned on the frame. It's attached slightly more to the driver's side.

My truck has just under 12,000 miles now. At about 4,000 miles it smoothed out. About a 1,000 miles later it was back to surging etc as if it know i was enjoying the smoothness & that wasn't allowed.

I drive mostly in D. I'll put it in S when I get to red light but forgot to turn off ASS at startup.