First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
They seem like a decent All-Terrain tire. I almost considered them for the old Pathfinder. Curious to see how they do for you.

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Never used the AT52's, but I had AT51's on an XJ and absolutely shredded them on Black Bear Pass and the Alpine Loop 2 years ago. I expected to lose a couple lugs here and there, but they got shredded. Luckily, they held air for long enough for me to finish all the trails. I realize that rocks @ 10PSI isn't what they were made for, but other people's KO2's were running heavier vehicles and same pressure and were fine. Guess I just got what I paid fore.

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Never used the AT52's, but I had AT51's on an XJ and absolutely shredded them on Black Bear Pass and the Alpine Loop 2 years ago. I expected to lose a couple lugs here and there, but they got shredded. Luckily, they held air for long enough for me to finish all the trails. I realize that rocks @ 10PSI isn't what they were made for, but other people's KO2's were running heavier vehicles and same pressure and were fine. Guess I just got what I paid fore.
I will be 99.8% paved surfaces but I’m in the Pocono Mtns so I wanted something good for the snow and “looked” fairly aggressive.

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
I will be 99.8% paved surfaces but I’m in the Pocono Mtns so I wanted something good for the snow and “looked” fairly aggressive.
I'm sure you're gonna be very pleased with them! The AT51's were quiet and very comfortable on-road. I don't have open-different snow experience in them, but I'm sure it will likely be fine.

Just as an aside, dedicated snow tires for about 600 bucks, will absolutely be miles better than any A/T, M/T, or A/S tire out there. They will last 3-5 years as well, as long as you only use them in the winter. I generally throw them on whatever cheap set of used steel wheels i can find, so I can easily swap them in the garage.

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I'm sure you're gonna be very pleased with them! The AT51's were quiet and very comfortable on-road. I don't have open-different snow experience in them, but I'm sure it will likely be fine.

Just as an aside, dedicated snow tires for about 600 bucks, will absolutely be miles better than any A/T, M/T, or A/S tire out there. They will last 3-5 years as well, as long as you only use them in the winter. I generally throw them on whatever cheap set of used steel wheels i can find, so I can easily swap them in the garage.
I have used dedicated snows on cars in the past and yes a 100% improvement over “all seasons”.
I’m lucky enough to have a home work office so if the roads are real bad I don’t have to go anywhere.
So far the tires seem great!

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
So far they are great! Look fairly aggressive but not noisy at all. Handing seem very good. No issues in snow. About 10k on them and they still look new. I would buy them again.

OP
OP
landiscarrier

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Still liking them? I ordered some them for my truck.
Yup! About 26k on them and I’ve been very happy with them. We’ve been getting some snow here in NE Pa and they’re great in the snow too! Should be able to get another 26k out of them.
Sponsored