First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Do GM trucks really have that many problems to define them as a "POS"? Can you please explain why you feel this way? I have not personally owned a Canyon or Colorado, so I really don't know about their previous build quality. I am happy with my Ranger Tremor, so I am going to hang on to it. I had just not heard that GM is having real quality issues. Thanks in advance for your explanation!
i cant speak for the canyorados but my family and i had many silverados / sierras over the years. last one was 2018. couldnt talk the boy out of it lol. he regrets it now. we thought replacing parts like water pumps, fuel pumps, alternators and regulators etc. was part of normal maintenance. i literally learned how to remove and replace parts on my cars since they were gm lol. I finally broke away from gm after a total pos sierra. the dealer i bought the truck from literally bought me out of my extended warranty... they didnt even try to sell me a new one. they didnt want the truck back on the lot. any and all car brands will have some issues at some point, recalls etc. ford has its share for sure. but i can honestly say that the ford and dodge trucks we have had are more reliable, break down less and last longer. i will admit the gm trucks were more cushy with nicer interiors. all that aside gm made a lot of folks angry with the bailouts. ford and chysler paid back in full way ahead of gm. plus i can admit a personal grudge that has no bearing on quality or money. the gm advertising annoys me lol. that is petty on my part. a few years back gm was pimping that "American Rev -olution" red white and blue stuff. all while the manufacturing and parts for a large number of vehicles was not made in or built by Americans. or before that the like a rock slogan gag, i loved bob seger but now i cant hear that song without seeing some c/k truck bouncing in mud or rescuing a mobile home from a flood or some other scripted "action". the newer gm "reveal" style where they get a group of actors to stand around and pull back a curtain and they all act like they have never seen a car or truck before that moment and just hit the lotto jackpot. complete and total scripted bs. heres examples of the gm commercials thats more realistic .

Sponsored

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
honestly I look at it...and figure if I wanted this I'd go get a Pro-4X Frontier and save the money.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was very close to buying a Colorado ZR2 back in 2019, this was before test driving 2 different Rangers. Personally I thought it was a great truck but the outdated interior and transmission issue kept me away.

It looks like they really did a nice job updating the interior and I like the way they give you the option to go all out with the Denali line. Ford really needs something like this and while I love my Lariat there's really nothing super special about it over the XLT for the added cost. Many would spend the money for more luxury especially those who live/work out of our trucks. My working days are dwindling down now but when I had my business back east I've held many meetings in my truck. Some were quick with the job site GC but some were lengthy with project managers/owners going over blueprints and costs. For me it was my mobile office and there are many out there who would definitely pay a premium for this.

I hate to say it but if it weren't for that 8 speed transmission I'd give one of these twins a serious look. Especially if they don't have the same production problems Ford is having now. No one wasn't to wait YEARS for their new vehicle and while SOME of this is supply chain related not all of it is.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I was very close to buying a Colorado ZR2 back in 2019, this was before test driving 2 different Rangers. Personally I thought it was a great truck but the outdated interior and transmission issue kept me away.

It looks like they really did a nice job updating the interior and I like the way they give you the option to go all out with the Denali line. Ford really needs something like this and while I love my Lariat there's really nothing super special about it over the XLT for the added cost. Many would spend the money for more luxury especially those who live/work out of our trucks. My working days are dwindling down now but when I had my business back east I've held many meetings in my truck. Some were quick with the job site GC but some were lengthy with project managers/owners going over blueprints and costs. For me it was my mobile office and there are many out there who would definitely pay a premium for this.

I hate to say it but if it weren't for that 8 speed transmission I'd give one of these twins a serious look. Especially if they don't have the same production problems Ford is having now. No one wasn't to wait YEARS for their new vehicle and while SOME of this is supply chain related not all of it is.
oh-the-humanity-5c1ef6.jpg

tempted-you-the.jpg

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

i was slightly tempted with the offering of a front locker on the canyorados but not tempted enough. sure a front locker would be great on our rangers. but for me i thought it over and decided as its got the rear locker and independent wheel braking witchcraft I really did not need the front locker. I think ive used the rear locker maybe 3 or 4 times in 22k miles. one thing i do really like about the zr2 or buffalo or elk or whatever it is, the sport bar! ford offers one but they want a kidney for it.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm still hopeful for a Ranger Raptor, BUT

I like everything about the Canyon AT4X Edition 1 but the price. I went ahead and did a reservation for $100, It's very much like what Ford did with Bronco reservations. Supposedly spring 2023 delivery, but I bet it will be delayed a few months. Hopefully by the time the trigger needs to be pulled the Raptor picture will be clear.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I'm still hopeful for a Ranger Raptor, BUT

I like everything about the Canyon AT4X Edition 1 but the price. I went ahead and did a reservation for $100, It's very much like what Ford did with Bronco reservations. Supposedly spring 2023 delivery, but I bet it will be delayed a few months. Hopefully by the time the trigger needs to be pulled the Raptor picture will be clear.
I have a reservation for a lightning, which is a tire fire. If GMC can make the order process somewhat transparent and not completely screw it up ala Ford, then they have a chance to really move the needle on customer service. Hopefully that will force Ford to up their game, which up to now has reminded me of the JAX Jaguars under Urban Myers. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored