New Ford Ranger Adventure-Oriented Marketing Video Series: "Tough Has More Fun"

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
NEW 2019 FORD RANGER MARKETING CAMPAIGN TARGETS ADVENTURE-ORIENTED AUDIENCE WITH OUTSIDE TV

1551448463591.jpg

• Ford Ranger advertising kicks off today, bringing Built Ford Tough to life for a new breed of adventure-oriented truck customers

• New campaign, “Tough Has More Fun,” incorporates 15 adventure athletes who follow their passion for adventure across the United States, captured by Outside TV

• All-new Ford Ranger is the ultimate piece of gear for customers to get to their adventure, engaging them through localized heart-pumping TV, in-cinema and social content
DEARBORN, Mich., March 1, 2019 – The all-new 2019 Ford Ranger is extending the way consumers engage with Ford trucks through a new ad campaign – “Tough Has More Fun” – kicking off today.

Captured by outdoor exploration juggernaut Outside TV, “Tough Has More Fun” spotlights 15 professional adventure athletes using the all-new Ford Ranger as the ultimate piece of gear to get to their adventure. TV and social spots include base jumpers diving thousands of feet into an Arizona canyon, using Ranger as a chase vehicle to capture the soaring athletes and their gear, and snow surfers descending Seattle mountains at dizzying speeds without traditional bindings, crossing rough terrain to reach untouched powder in the new Ranger.

“Ranger is for serious adventure-seekers who rely on their gear and actively search out the best of the best for their passion,” said Matt VanDyke, Ford director of U.S. marketing. “In this case, that’s the all-new Ford Ranger. This campaign brings Built Ford Tough to life in the adventure space – new territory for Ford trucks – in a way that is decidedly not one-size-fits-all.”

Ford worked with Google and Outside TV to identify what kind of gear and adventure activities cities across the United States were searching for. After narrowing down the featured cities, Ford determined which adventures to highlight in each based on search trends of traditional and emerging activities.

This hyper-local approach is a first for Ford trucks, taking interest-based targeting to the next level with activities to match consumer interests within each city. “Tough Has More Fun” is also the first time Ford trucks will spotlight adventure athletes, most of whom call their adventure-feature cities home.

National television, social and in-cinema advertising kicks off with a new commercial titled “Strange Creatures” featuring the human inclination for adventure, while Boston, Los Angeles, Denver, Phoenix and Seattle markets also see the launch of localized social and digital advertising. These five cities will also host weather-triggered billboards that update adventure visuals based on weather changes that occur in each city.

“‘Tough Has More Fun’ is about showing the all-new Ranger as tough, reliable and capable, in the same way you expect your carabineer to keep you from falling off the side of a mountain,” said Pat Parnell, Outside TV host. “Ranger has a bigger story than just its great capability – it’s the only midsize truck that’s also the ultimate piece of gear.”

Powered by a 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission, the all-new 2019 Ranger delivers driver-assist technologies and connectivity features as well as best-in-class payload, gas towing and gas torque ratings. Ranger is built at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, and is on sale now.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ger-marketing-campaign-targets-adventure.html

Sponsored

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna need that second shift! LOL!

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
How come my truck exhaust and turbo don't sound that cool?:eek:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Gee, no "Tough has more fun in Indiana" commercial. I guess maybe driving through flat cornfields doesn't make for near as dramatic of shots...

Not sure these commercials made me want a Ranger more, but they certainly made me miss the Pacific Northwest.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Gee, no "Tough has more fun in Indiana" commercial. I guess maybe driving through flat cornfields doesn't make for near as dramatic of shots...

Not sure these commercials made me want a Ranger more, but they certainly made me miss the Pacific Northwest.
Tough has more fun in Michigan where you can literally hear your new truck being eaten by salt. It's here where the road will literally swallow your truck whole if you aren't nimble. That's why the all new 2019 Ford Ranger is great for Michigan, not today pot holes, not today...

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Are they going to sell ford life insurance for those dumb cliff divers. No repeat buyers in that crowd. I just bought a ranger and went and jumped off a cliff. LOL