My Ranger just turned 2. Highlights from one of the oldest next gun Rangers on the road.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
What's even funnier is he bought a 2019 Tacoma! Wanna bet he'll have another video out next month telling everyone NOT to buy a Tacoma? :LOL:?
I didn't listen to much of the video but he is already saying he doesn't really like the Tacoma. The guy can't make up his mind.... It will be interesting to see how long he keeps it.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I didn't listen to much of the video but he is already saying he doesn't really like the Tacoma. The guy can't make up his mind.... It will be interesting to see how long he keeps it.
At this point, I don't really care...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I couldn't stand listening to him after 2:00 so I went to Youtube and read there that he bought the Tacoma. Not surprising that he already doesn't like it he should've payed better attention when he was on here. ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't stand listening to him after 2:00 so I went to Youtube and read there that he bought the Tacoma. Not surprising that he already doesn't like it he should've payed better attention when he was on here. ?
He said he really wanted another Ranger (I guess he hit a deer with his first one but couldn't wait to get it fixed), but didn't want to give Ford more business after his experience with the Tremor.

He does have a point - Ford (like all manufacturers) is having significant supply chain issues, but they seem to prioritize building vehicles over keeping the parts supply fed for existing vehicles - so if you do have an issue, it takes a long time to get fixed due to all the parts shortages. Seems like they could divert a bit more of the parts chain to the parts flow instead of manufacturing. That is just armchair quarterbacking on my part, but it seems like it would be a net positive for existing customers. Ford could use some good press.....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
He said he really wanted another Ranger (I guess he hit a deer with his first one but couldn't wait to get it fixed), but didn't want to give Ford more business after his experience with the Tremor.

He does have a point - Ford (like all manufacturers) is having significant supply chain issues, but they seem to prioritize building vehicles over keeping the parts supply fed for existing vehicles - so if you do have an issue, it takes a long time to get fixed due to all the parts shortages. Seems like they could divert a bit more of the parts chain to the parts flow instead of manufacturing. That is just armchair quarterbacking on my part, but it seems like it would be a net positive for existing customers. Ford could use some good press.....
But what we don't know is are al the other manufactures having the same parts issue? We only hear about Fords because of this forum but I'd guess all the others are in the same boat. Also you have to take into consideration is Ford selling more vehicles and that's why they can't keep extra parts on the shelf? Also the Bronco takes many of the same engine parts and they're trying hard to pump those out so shelving parts is going to be tough for a while.

I'm just spitballing here but I know some of the Jeep guys were waiting a long time and having trouble getting certain parts. I don't go over there since I sold mine so I don't know if that's changed but I think most are in the same boat now. ?‍♂

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But what we don't know is are al the other manufactures having the same parts issue? We only hear about Fords because of this forum but I'd guess all the others are in the same boat. Also you have to take into consideration is Ford selling more vehicles and that's why they can't keep extra parts on the shelf? Also the Bronco takes many of the same engine parts and they're trying hard to pump those out so shelving parts is going to be tough for a while.

I'm just spitballing here but I know some of the Jeep guys were waiting a long time and having trouble getting certain parts. I don't go over there since I sold mine so I don't know if that's changed but I think most are in the same boat now. ?‍♂
I just think Ford could siphon off some of the parts to the parts chain rather than hoarding them for manufacturing - especially given the quality issues with parts as well. No matter what happens there are no good solutions. Hopefully things will change soon.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase