First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
My wifes 2016 mustang has a bad wire harness on the lead frame assembly for the transmission. It gives her the p0715 diagnostic code which means the transmission isnt getting the correct singal for shiffting. We took it to ford and they said the part has to be manufactured and its 2 to 3 week wait time. Well its week 4 and they haven't got it yet. The warranty expired back in February. So its about 1600 for repair. Im getting the feeling it will be there for awhile. Im wondering if I should just take it to a transmission shop. But i dont know if it will just be same thing with getting a harness. Anyone had any issues with this on their ford vehicles? I heard it was common for f150s.

I know this is the ranger forum but i know some people owned mustangs in here. I dont see anything on the mustang forums about this issue and i would rather talk to the cool people.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
There is always the junkyard route. Not the best but it does solve the problem

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Will the dealership even let you take the mustang away knowing it has issues? They might claim it’s a safety issue and not release the car.

OP
OP
Jmarler

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Will the dealership even let you take the mustang away knowing it has issues? They might claim it’s a safety issue and not release the car.
Im sure i could have it towed away. I wont likely do that until its necessary and I find an alternative.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I would take it to an independent shop. Dealers always just fire the parts cannon instead of finding the exact problem. Which is fine it it's under warranty. Another shop would be able to repair the harness on the car for a fraction of the price. It could also just have moisture inside of a connector from a bad seal.
Sponsored