More suggestions for selling factory sport wheels?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've posted on the internet (including here) as well as local trading pages, set the price point where I can give the buyer a little wiggle room to negotiate the price.

I found a good deal on some RTR wheels, but being as mine only have about 2k miles on them, I'm hesitant to blow that cash without recouping some of it on some perfectly mint factory wheels.

Any feedback on helping find a buyer without giving the house away?
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Where you are, you're probably out of luck. If you lived in someplace that snowed you'd have a chance of selling them to someone that wanted a spare set. Our trucks are too new, and the wheels aren't that interchangeable, for us to have much luck selling them.

If you list them don't list them as 'Ford Ranger' wheels, list them as bolt pattern/backspacing and size. Then list in the description that they are off of a Ranger and list what else they will fit. That requires you to find out what else they will fit.

Deleted member 1634

I'm running into a similar issue, just with different parts. In my experience there's not enough Ranger's out there to provide enough of a demand for take-off items. And especially no one local enough for me to save on shipping, which is expensive for larger parts. I would love to recoup some money, especially since, like you, I'm trying to sell basically brand new parts and people only want to pay less than 40% for them. I've debated just sitting on them until Ranger's become more wide-spread and there's a bigger used market. But that's hard to do when money gets tight.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yea I sort of figured that. Damn.

I'm thinking about offering shipping and just eat the $100-150 loss.
You're asking $500 and you're getting no bites? Man, I think I have 18s but I'm pretty sure the 17s will still clear. I'm wicked tempted. I like the sport wheels more than what I have.

Also, try a salvage yard, with the Rangers being so new if someone is in an accident and loses a wheel you might have some luck.

Zen

First Name
Zenon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport, 2017 Mustang GT, 1986 GT
Occupation
Designer
I'm having the opposite problem, trying to find a set of takeoff wheels & tires.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
You might check out if your local tire shop will take them on consignment.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
On eBay, the 17” silver-painted alloy wheels are going for as low as $105 a piece, with free shipping. This morning, there is a set of four advertised for $250 with free shipping. If you want more than that for your wheels, Craigslist and/or Facebook seem to be the best way to connect with local buyers. I paid $300 for a set of four to a local Craigslist seller.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Another thought - some dealers will have a cork board near the parts counter where customers can advertise.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Facebook is good and usually this site is pretty decent for selling, those should go quick especially at that price. There's a good amount of people in the Georgia area on here.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just my experience, but I sold my factory wheels for $300 (no TPMS) and my factory tires for $350, all with 1400 miles on them.

While $300 may seem low, I had no use for them and they were just taking up space.

YMMV.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You're asking $500 and you're getting no bites? Man, I think I have 18s but I'm pretty sure the 17s will still clear. I'm wicked tempted. I like the sport wheels more than what I have.

Also, try a salvage yard, with the Rangers being so new if someone is in an accident and loses a wheel you might have some luck.
Well hit me up if you come around to the idea. I'll just have to eat the shipping cost. Keep in mind, so there is no confusion, as indicated for my WTS thread this is for the wheels only, Im keeping the rubber for my new set cause they are practically brand new and I'm definitely not taking a loss on the rubber.

Even at Walmart a new set of Toyo AT2 in 285/70/17 is $800+

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jack, believe or not I've sold more stuff like tires, and wheels on FaceBook Marketplace. Makes no sense to me, but there it is.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like you are asking $700 for four wheels and spaces (no tires or TPMS correct?).

That seems high, IMHO, based on other wheel prices on the classifieds. I can get the Ford Performance Raptor wheels, with TPMS, for $887, all new (see here).

I'm someone who is looking for a second set of wheels, for winter/snow tires, but at a used price of $700 without TPMS, I'd rather get the new set from Levittown, or even new generic wheels from Tire Rack or Discount.

Even if you include the tires, very few folks looking for a set of wheels need the OEM tires. Most of us shopping for wheels will be using them for winter tires, or some other tire.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The two items have separate prices, I don't require them to be sold together. As indicated the price leaves room for some negotiation. (and I believe both items together was less than $700 - but I'm not worried about the spacers, I can get a buyer for those easier than the wheels)

Also, don't forget your $83.00 for ground shipping on those raptor wheels. Depending on your location going ahead and add another possible $75 (+/-) for tax.

You are correct there are listings out there for cheaper. You are also (probably not intentionally) being dishonest over the total price which is going to be between $970 to $1,040 (+/-) once you submit your credit card.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: