OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Jacked the truck up today to try and take some measurements.

To be candid, when I tried to test fit the new steelies, I already had the rear end jacked up so I just tried to fit the spacers and wheels to the rear. The steel wheels do not have the recesses to compensate for the studs and bottomed out on the studs.

The rear studs stick out ~1.26" from the rotor.

Today I jacked up the front, and to my surprise, stock studs are almost flush with the spacers, and would undoubtedly work fine with the steel wheels.

The front studs stick out ~1.03" from the rotor.

With that being said, would it be okay to run spacers only in the front? I bought 4 as I assumed that I would need all 4 but now I'm wondering.

Front Studs:
FRONT STUD MEASUREMENT.jpg

FRONT STUD.jpg

Rear Stud:
REAR STUD MEASUREMENT.jpg

REAR STUD.jpg
Sponsored

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Jacked the truck up today to try and take some measurements.

To be candid, when I tried to test fit the new steelies, I already had the rear end jacked up so I just tried to fit the spacers and wheels to the rear. The steel wheels do not have the recesses to compensate for the studs and bottomed out on the studs.

The rear studs stick out ~1.26" from the rotor.

Today I jacked up the front, and to my surprise, stock studs are almost flush with the spacers, and would undoubtedly work fine with the steel wheels.

The front studs stick out ~1.03" from the rotor.

With that being said, would it be okay to run spacers only in the front? I bought 4 as I assumed that I would need all 4 but now I'm wondering.

Front Studs:
FRONT STUD MEASUREMENT.jpg

FRONT STUD.jpg

Rear Stud:
REAR STUD MEASUREMENT.jpg

REAR STUD.jpg
Ideally you want the front and rear wheels traveling through identical tracks. Or, if there needs to be a difference, it should be as small as possible.

My 200 series is .25 inches wider in the front than the rear and it's unnoticeable.

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Alright everyone. Finally cut the studs, got the wheels and tires on the truck. Getting some rubbing in the front and want to raise it up a bit to see if that'll help.

When I was installing the front coilovers there was a small slip of paper warning to not go over a certain amount of exposed threads or somethimg similar. That sliver of paper has since disappeared. Anyone with the Pro Truck Coilovers know how far I can go?

Thank you!

OP
OP
JoeyRig

JoeyRig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
So I originally fitted them with the eibachs straight out of the box no adjustments and I was rubbing not on the crash bars but here the front crash bars slip into. I just maxed out the eibachs leaving a couple of threads exposed above the collar, and no rubbing now.
Sponsored