First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Across most of the NA Continent, when mother nature wreaks her havoc, the common response is run to the hills to escape whatever wrath she has unleashed. I have a sneaky suspicion over there on the island you dont "run to the hills"
Yeah, I tend to run towards the hills to get a better look :) My job also gets me close to mother nature in all her glory :)

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Tonight, we went to the other side of the mountain. The lava is making steady progress and will probably reach one of our main arteries between the East and West sides of the island. Commutes will suck if that happens, but at least homes are not nearby. Yet.

FFAB2FBC-F3BE-444F-97D3-F9551226E959.jpeg

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight, we went to the other side of the mountain. The lava is making steady progress and will probably reach one of our main arteries between the East and West sides of the island. Commutes will suck if that happens, but at least homes are not nearby. Yet.

FFAB2FBC-F3BE-444F-97D3-F9551226E959.jpeg
Amazing picture.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
So if the main road gets closed, what option are there for residents?
The other option would be to use the road along the coast that circles the island, however we have some very crappy bridges in a section that our county forgot to maintain and large trucks can no longer use them. The county’s fix for that was using the saddle road, which is now threatened by lava??‍♂

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The other option would be to use the road along the coast that circles the island, however we have some very crappy bridges in a section that our county forgot to maintain and large trucks can no longer use them. The county’s fix for that was using the saddle road, which is now threatened by lava??‍♂
oh snap...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Seems as good a time as any....i went out back and poured all my used motor oil into the firepit and burnt it.
There's no way my carbon footprint comes close to that volcanos.
oh oh, you're gonna make Greta angry! =p