First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
LEO
Just left line-x for a quote on the side steps/bars. The powder coating is coming off. Rock chips, slight rust. After some research it appears Line-x does the trick. Any Rangers out there have it? Got a decent quote also. $125 a side. Thanks! 🛻
Sponsored

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Well, LineX is great stuff but I don't know how it'll hold up the constant sandblasting that steps are exposed to.
I do know rust though, I used to be in that racket, and unless they're sandblasted and primed immediately after, you'll be no further ahead. Trapping rust under paint or LineX is just as bad as exposed rust.
We all justify our money differently, but for $250 I'd be standing them myself once a year and painting them myself.

OP
OP
Shandyman

Shandyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
LEO
Well, LineX is great stuff but I don't know how it'll hold up the constant sandblasting that steps are exposed to.
I do know rust though, I used to be in that racket, and unless they're sandblasted and primed immediately after, you'll be no further ahead. Trapping rust under paint or LineX is just as bad as exposed rust.
We all justify our money differently, but for $250 I'd be standing them myself once a year and painting them myself.
Thanks for your insight! Yeh trying to decide. Thougt about even replacing them with a different set but I like the way my N-Fabs look! Aggressive! 🤙

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
If it’s an established and reputable Line-x shop, I wouldn't worry about rusting through. They sand beds down before they spray them too and rust doesn’t seem to be a commonly reported problem with Line-x’d beds. As far as durability, I expect its as good an option as anything else.

Last edited: