First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Question for you guys that have installed the Leer HF650M. First off, the instructions are terrible at best!

Where exactly do you line up the rails in the front? Even with the corner joint between the bulkhead and the top rail or do you go all the way to the front edge of the bulkhead? Unlike some photos I've seen in other installation threads, the rails that came in my kit do not have a notch in the front. They are completely squared off.

Also where is one supposed to use the roll of butyl tape? There is no mention of it anywhere.

Thanks
Neil
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I have not installed one yet, but I have researched some on youtube and leer website install videos I suggest you watch them -many complaints on the tape here with no explanation - I believe it goes on the front rail of the bed, so the bottom leading edge of the bed cover rests on top of it and its compressed between the cover and the (top side) of the front bed rail creating a watertight seal

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I put the foam on the front of the bed. The installation videos don't even mention the butyl tape - unless I missed it.

OP
OP
NeilP

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Jbrubakerjr...I sent you a message

RANGERTD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Question for you guys that have installed the Leer HF650M. First off, the instructions are terrible at best!

Where exactly do you line up the rails in the front? Even with the corner joint between the bulkhead and the top rail or do you go all the way to the front edge of the bulkhead? Unlike some photos I've seen in other installation threads, the rails that came in my kit do not have a notch in the front. They are completely squared off.

Also where is one supposed to use the roll of butyl tape? There is no mention of it anywhere.

Thanks
Neil
Who reads instructions?
sorry, I couldn’t resist.

OP
OP
NeilP

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Thanks for the advice and photos from you fellas. The Leer installation instructions are the worst that I have ever dealt with in my 64 years!

The photos that mcrider5 shared with me and the questions answered by jbrubakerjr were incredibly helpful.

It is all secured in place, works like it should and looks pretty darn good.

Thanks one & all for the help.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Glad you got it done!

TG123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
@NeilP - any chance you could send me the tips you received? Installed the HF650 yesterday but it's just not lined up... Want to get it on right before it rains again!

OP
OP
NeilP

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
@NeilP - any chance you could send me the tips you received? Installed the HF650 yesterday but it's just not lined up... Want to get it on right before it rains again!
PM sent
Sponsored