Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can I just replace the puddle light bulb with an LED bulb? Or is it the whole light assembly that needs to be changed? Haven't messed with it yet.
Whole assembly that takes 5 minutes to install.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
these are only for Lariats right? you cant adapt them to a Sport XLT model or can you?
XLTs don't have the puddle lights, so unless you want to retrofit them to an XLT side mirror they won't work.

Gus Villalpando

First Name
Villalpando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
I noticed I dont have the indentation at the bottom, Ive had F150's many years. this Ranger sold me on the looks. but I'd like to upgrade a few things. I'll pop off the cap and see if there is wiring there.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Were these plug and play?
Yes - The stock lights have blades that the wiring plugs into - the replacements have a short wire that plugs into the blades - the stock wires are VERY short. Took me maybe 5 minutes to do both sides.

OP
OP

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I installed the LED Puddle lights yesterday. Pretty straight forward although its not a true plug and play. You have to cut the old lights off so that you just have the wires, remove about a quarter inch of sheathing from each wire and connect it to the leads of the new light, then wrap with electrical tape. Was hoping for just an unplug and plug in the new one, but no big deal. They look fantastic, just hope they last.

Edit: Reading the post above mine, maybe I did it wrong lol

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the LED Puddle lights yesterday. Pretty straight forward although its not a true plug and play. You have to cut the old lights off so that you just have the wires, remove about a quarter inch of sheathing from each wire and connect it to the leads of the new light, then wrap with electrical tape. Was hoping for just an unplug and plug in the new one, but no big deal. They look fantastic, just hope they last.

I did not cut any wires, just unplugged from the old light and plugged the wires into the new wires on the new light. I did not tape the connections because the stock terminals were really not protected at all either, so I didn't think it was necessary.

OP
OP

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I did not cut any wires, just unplugged from the old light and plugged the wires into the new wires on the new light. I did not tape the connections because the stock terminals were really not protected at all either, so I didn't think it was necessary.

I tugged on the old lights and nothing really happened, so I figured they were crimped in there somehow so I just cut right at the top of the blade on the stock ones, probably took off about a quarter inch of the wire. I guess if they fail, I'll put new blades on and do it the right way. The more you know :)

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White

Here's the stock ones, unplugged and the led ones.

IMG_20190801_123523.jpg

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a trick to getting them out? I got one side unlatched but I can't get the light to come out. I didn't want to pull on it very hard.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Is there a trick to getting them out? I got one side unlatched but I can't get the light to come out. I didn't want to pull on it very hard.
i had to pop the lens off to get the back to release.
Sponsored