LED Puddle Light

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hello,

Has anyone found an alternative to this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Mallofusa-Ex...078MJW122/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I think they look great but reading the reviews it sounds like you have about a 50/50 chance of them burning out in less than a year. With them being that cheap it's not a huge deal, but I'd just rather "do it right" the first time if there are alternatives. Wondering if there will be a Ford part for this on the 2020's.
Sponsored

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

https://www.amazon.com/Mallofusa-Ex...078MJW122/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I think they look great but reading the reviews it sounds like you have about a 50/50 chance of them burning out in less than a year. With them being that cheap it's not a huge deal, but I'd just rather "do it right" the first time if there are alternatives. Wondering if there will be a Ford part for this on the 2020's.
They all look like the same product design with different company names on Amazon.
Buy and install and change to OEM part if ever available.:)

I have them and they work well.

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I bought those in March and with as easy of an install and the price I'm not worried if I have to replace. They look great!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

BlueOval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Two questions for you:
  1. Are these the ones you ordered? https://www.amazon.com/ROVER-Side-Mirror-Puddle-Light/dp/B07NYPLJ8C
  2. Do they directly plug in? The other ones I saw required some wiring adjustments.
They look pretty good if that is the one you got - the box looks the same.
Hi
Two questions for you:
  1. Are these the ones you ordered? https://www.amazon.com/ROVER-Side-Mirror-Puddle-Light/dp/B07NYPLJ8C
  2. Do they directly plug in? The other ones I saw required some wiring adjustments.
They look pretty good if that is the one you got - the box looks the same.
Hi yes that’s the one it’s a perfect fit just plug and play just run red to red and black to black wires and your good to go.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Hi yes that’s the one it’s a perfect fit just plug and play just run red to red and black to black wires and your good to go.
Thanks for confirming.

I ordered one today - should be here tomorrow. I wasn't originally going to change these out, but the stock ones are pretty dim, and for $18, you can't really go wrong. I still don't understand why the Lariat (or any of the trim levels) still have non LED lighting. Seems like a no brainer in 2019.

BlueOval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Thanks for confirming.

I ordered one today - should be here tomorrow. I wasn't originally going to change these out, but the stock ones are pretty dim, and for $18, you can't really go wrong. I still don't understand why the Lariat (or any of the trim levels) still have non LED lighting. Seems like a no brainer in 2019.
I agree I was upset when I saw that even the license plate lights cheap little led upgrade that could have been done. Hope you enjoy it man gives it a more premium/modern look

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree I was upset when I saw that even the license plate lights cheap little led upgrade that could have been done. Hope you enjoy it man gives it a more premium/modern look
Ford goes cheap on the XLT with no trim ring in the key ignition area and no engine cover. I guess Ford couldn't add push button start on a $40K XLT too. Do you really think Ford would spend the few bucks to go LED in the puddles and license plate bulbs?

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford goes cheap on the XLT with no trim ring in the key ignition area and no engine cover. I guess you can add no push button start on a $40K XLT too. Do you really think Ford would spend the few bucks to go LED in the puddles and license plate bulbs?
That trim ring on the ignition just amazes me. The LED stuff would have been cheap, but not as cheap as a stupid trim ring. That one in particular is just stupid, IMO.

BlueOval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ford goes cheap on the XLT with no trim ring in the key ignition area and no engine cover. I guess Ford couldn't add push button start on a $40K XLT too. Do you really think Ford would spend the few bucks to go LED in the puddles and license plate bulbs?
Well mine is a lariat I have LED lighting they just got cheap on some lights not being LED. I would have liked a LED gauge like the Mustangs / Explorer.

OP
OP

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks for all the insight. I just swapped out the license plate lights and awaiting the arrival of the LED puddle lights. :thumbsup: