Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
When using the BT function does anyone experience lag? I get it when using Spotify mostly but they are downloaded songs so it’s not a crappy internet connection.
Sponsored

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Yeah I have a 5G Samsung tablet mounted in my Ranger and there is a noticeable lag when using bluetooth audio with video. I have yet to find a solution . . .

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Curious if you've tried a hardwire with the same lag? I know that defeats the purpose, but just as a data point.

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious if you've tried a hardwire with the same lag? I know that defeats the purpose, but just as a data point.
With no aux port or such, you're looking at alot of money, work, and time just to test. May be installing a step down for amp and sub setup eventually and while in there for that try hardwiring, but its definitely not the top of my to do list. My tablet luckily has an easy audio out selector so when watching movie I can switch to tablet speakers without disconnecting bluetooth.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Oh, I meant to a USB port, but not sure if you're truck is the same as mine. I have 2 usb ports in the bottom tray that I use to connect my ipod and phone.

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I meant to a USB port, but not sure if you're truck is the same as mine. I have 2 usb ports in the bottom tray that I use to connect my ipod and phone.
I actually hadn't thought of that for the tablet. I never connect my phone to those because it does some kind of sync interface thing that annoyed my the first week so I never touched them again. Honestly forgot they were down there. I will buy a USB connected today and test that at lunch tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Copy. I have an old ipod touch without bluetooth that I wire up, and to use waze on my phone it needs to be plugged in, too.

Just so you're aware in case you see weird behavior, I have to plug my phone in first, let it sync all the apps like waze, then plug in the ipod. I used to leave the ipod plugged in all the time, but then often the phone apps wouldn't sync. Finally figured out the phone needed to sync first before plugging in the ipod. No idea why, but... It's sort of a pain, but I can live with it.
Sponsored