Sponsored

Lacking Windshield Moldings

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
547
Reaction score
2,960
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
Thank you for all your input. It appears nobody cares about the lack of moldings because you all don’t think there’s an issue. Great! I am done with chasing windshield moldings.

I also agree that the truck is relatively quiet as is. However, my OCD wants to find ways to make it even more quiet. I think new tires will probably be my best bet.
If you don't go off road then quiet highway tires would be the way to go unless you live where it snows. Dedicated snow tires for winter might be an option. Here in north Idaho all terrains are a must for me so I put up with a little tire noise but after the new tires were on for a bit I quit noticing them. Toyo AT IIIs.
Sponsored

 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,693
Reaction score
8,057
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
I have the solution that works with almost any vehicle. "TURN IT UP, SON!!" If I blast the music loud enough everything else disappears!! :LOL: Seriously, I do get where you're coming from. It's nice to hear yourself think. You should have been in my three different 70's F250s with no A/C and the rear slider open for air flow in the summer!! There's your wind noise!! The old Kraco Dashmaster had a hard time keeping up!! 😁
That's funny. Uncle Roys Old Red 71 F250 4x4 was exactly like that, roll the windows down manually. He would drive it 60 to 80 mph, depending on what speed he felt like driving it on any given day. The radio didn't work in that truck, so we had to listen to the 390 through 2.5 inch dual exhaust with headers and hollowed out 18 inch glass packs with tail pipes that turned down at the rear bumper. That old truck was Loud, Rough and Fun to get to ride in as a kid. A working mans truck, no frills lol.
 
Last edited:

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
547
Reaction score
2,960
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
That's funny. Uncle Roys Old Red 71 F250 4x4 was exactly like that, roll the windows down manually. He would drive it 60 to 80 mph, depending on what speed he felt like driving it on any given day. The radio didn't work in that truck, so we had to listen to the 390 through 2.5 inch dual exhaust with headers and hollowed out 18 inch glass packs with tail pipes that turned down at the rear bumper. That old truck was Loud, Rough and Fun to get to ride in as a kid. A working mans truck, no frills lol.
I had a '71 and '78 4x4 4 spd but my first truck was a '74 2wd 4 spd Camper Special. I wish I had the '71 back. If I only knew then what those hi-boys are worth now! It was so much fun to drive!!
Sponsored

 
 








Top